No lab, no whisk, no hop-up, no problem!

Members online

What is that he's putting on? Some sort of readimix finish? Goes a hell of a long way, and sticks like sh*t to the hawk.

That's some polish bloke, the stuff he's using is similar to easy fill, it's all got to be sanded down after, and it still looks shite. I always said uk is miles ahead of rest of the world with multifinish, but then Polands brands are possibly the best when it comes to silicone renders and generally outside renders.

That's some polish bloke, the stuff he's using is similar to easy fill, it's all got to be sanded down after .... I always said uk is miles ahead of rest of the world with multifinish

Yes, that readymix stuff does need sanding (Planex, LEROS, etc.).

I agree with you that (2-coat) multifinish is probably the best way to get a lasting and decent quality interior finish.

I only posted the video for casual interest, to see a very different approach, abroad.

However, jointing and taping is already becoming popular in the UK, and that video may eventually end up being the middle ground between jointing & taping and 2-coat multi. I think the yanks call it level 5 (coated all over, rather than just the joints), but I may be misunderstanding.

I don't see it as being as hard as multi and it's depressing to think that what we Brits know as plastering may be a dying art. The race to make profit above quality, in the building trade, doesn't seem to be slowing down :confused:

Last edited:
So thats 2 different operations at different times = no time saving, except maybe a bit quicker to apply. But, seen as a less skilled workforce = less cost/race to the bottom on rates.

Had few British blokes I know moving to Poland to build a houses there and start up a business. They were quite happy with the build until it came to interior finishing, they f**k**g hated it, but apparently you can occasionally get bags of finish there, for something silly like £2 a bag but nobody knows how to use it. Whenever I get polish customers and they see a finish of multifinish they are absolutely over the moon as no sanding etc