No angle tools

Staff online

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do not understand this job.
you can turn an external angle freehand,by rubbing a float in the upright position, repeat the process with a trowel, then pull polythene down the arris, but this would be on a job for someone like english heritage. no on a new build on the rates that you have been quoted.
It's just house bashin mate but the bloke is so old school that he wants me to do opposites cause he must think u make a better job doing it that way, that's not my opinion but there u go,

If you've taken it and he's specified not to use one then surely you don't? No point working for two weeks for him to go you've used an angle trowel there **** you off and pay you **** all

If you've taken it and he's specified not to use one then surely you don't? No point working for two weeks for him to go you've used an angle trowel there **** you off and pay you **** all
I know what your saying that is very true

if he turns up at the end of the day he will be able to tell what has and what hassent by the way its drying

clearly your all using them wrong if you can tell........................:flapper:

Ya your right he will know if he turns up, just going to have to put up with it for the first one an c if he is actully that bad

Use one of the corner trowels johnclaude was puntin on here a while back?
No angle tools

Tell yer boss its a futuristic teaspoon:RpS_laugh:

The ideal way to use an angle trowel , is to use it then trowel in a couple of inches from the wings of the angle trowe,. We normally cut the corners of the Marshall angle trowels and sand them in a bit, which lessens the likelihood of lines..

I have bent the corners back on mine, it only really touches the wall about an inch either side so I don't get the lines,

Start on a new sit on Monday, boss said no angle tools, anyone had that before? And he isn't taking the peeeese
Never heard of that, some sites don't won't wet comers they want opposite walls done, may be that's what he means

clearly your all using them wrong if you can tell........................:flapper:

haha you peenarse i ment you can tell if 2 walls next to eachother were done at the same time because they will be drying together, but if your doin oppos and the gaffer walks in at the end of the day the drying pattern will be brown, pink, brown, pink rather than pink, pink, brown, brown

haha you peenarse i ment you can tell if 2 walls next to eachother were done at the same time because they will be drying together, but if your doin oppos and the gaffer walks in at the end of the day the drying pattern will be brown, pink, brown, pink rather than pink, pink, brown, brown
Yep

A corner trowel marks whilst its drying it obvious to see one was used

When they are used well, the only discernible difference is the fact that the corner has a slight radius.

I've seen people leave lines with them because they are practically wedging them in the corner.

:RpS_laugh:................:RpS_thumbup: i never thought of it that way..........This is why your ACE and im an ARSE

just wait till he aint around and twitch the fker in lol then hide the **** again....unless he want rustic looking corners maybe!?

Get on it,much faster and I think better
I will try use it a bit more to see if it works for me. Its just the way i was taught. I always thought it took a bit of time working at the angle trying to get right when using 1 and just not the same finish. i'll see how it goes and if i can get any more on:RpS_thumbup:.

much easier using one mate! you dont have to fanny about too much near the corners then just pull them in with the twitcher later on, much quicker .

Sound like a strange bloke to work for, who gives measures out by the bag?

That's what I was thinking reading this.

I'd never take a job on that basis, I would have to measure it to see what the rate actually is.

How do you know he ain't bullsh1tiing and trying to put one over on you? When all the signs are pointing towards him being a bit of a nobhead, it wouldn't be suprising to me...

Lots of firms price per plot it saves them getting 20 different measures from different gangs

Yeah nowt wrong with that but personally I'd have to work out the meterage to give me piece of mind that I wasn't getting bummed.

I would expect the site agent to know the rough size of each house in metres rather than bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.