No angle tools

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz147

Start on a new sit on Monday, boss said no angle tools, anyone had that before? And he isn't taking the peeeese

wow mate.
he sounds very old school. I never used a corner trowel till recently and still prefer to do opposite walls at the same time to avoid the need for one. But needs must and sometimes they are needed. good luck with it anyway.

is he paying a good rate considering you're going to be in and out of rooms, nightmare if you use a spot

what F*****g difference does it make to him if the jobs right in the end? he sound like a prick who you'll probably get problems from.
i'd use one now just to prove a point. also it fun being rebelious

Are you all rough and he's telling you how to plaster or all very good this is a top spec job that has to be perfect or he's a control freak?

Ya corner tool, I have always called it angel tool, don't use a spot, use one big gorilla tub, straight out of that, he must be old school cause i was tought this way but now i always us an angle tool cause u can get more on

No mate not worked for him before, The site manager from my last job got me this one, when he rang he just told me the price per plot and that he didn't want anyone to use angel tool that's it

There's a couple on here that don't use corner towels EL plastering and another??can't remember now?
Maybe. one of them is the new boss:RpS_scared:

i would want an explanation for somthing that affect the way you work so much i can do do wet angles without an angle tool thats how we were taught but i still use one now cos it is quicker and leaves a cleaner truer corner.
just use it mate then when the job looks spot on he can't moan about anything and you can say i'm the professional plasterer not you so don't tell me how to do my job:RpS_thumbsup:

Ha ha ya maybe, anyway if he isn't there he won't know an if he catches me in the act he can either look at what's been done and except the fact that he don't know the difference or he will fcuk me off

never heard of that before and Ive had some really strict site managers, use it regardless and let him snag your work. I use a twitcher all the time and my angles are bang on

My Marshall town is about on its way out, labourer stood on it a few times, not really thought about getting something else cause I have been happy with mine but I will take a look at a twitcher, best place to get one ??

i usualy get a twicher when i watch babe cast on free view
My Marshall town is about on its way out, labourer stood on it a few times, not really thought about getting something else cause I have been happy with mine but I will take a look at a twitcher, best place to get one ??

Marshall town twitcher, same thing as mine, don't call them twitchers round these ways, though u was talking about one of them tools with the long handle

The only time we ever use an angle trowel is maybe in a cupboard. Always just did the opposites just the way i was taught, would like to get on to the angle trowel if i thought i'd get the same finish faster.

Start on a new sit on Monday, boss said no angle tools, anyone had that before? And he isn't taking the peeeese

when yur eyeing up plaster work first thing u look at is angles.and if yur angles are all kinks.its not going to look good on u

Ya 2.80 is ok but I have got a price per plot, I asked him how many metres an he said its so many bags so I have just thought 1 bag 10 metres and divided how many metres there is with the price per plot = 2.80 what if the other lads he's had before were putting it on like peeese
And I don't think I have ever seen somebodys front room with coving going down the walls in the corners, anybody else???

The only time we ever use an angle trowel is maybe in a cupboard. Always just did the opposites just the way i was taught, would like to get on to the angle trowel if i thought i'd get the same finish faster.
Get on it,much faster and I think better

just doing opposites lol slow as fook.

what if you got a room to do? fk doing 2 hits if not needed,plus you then have to tidy up the already plasterd edge with the fresh gear all over it, time n effort... i worked with a few guys that do the same but on 45 degree angles, OOHH NOOO , ill do one side then plaster to it lol only time imo you have do that is if your too sh1t to do it wet lol

just doing opposites lol slow as fook.

what if you got a room to do? fk doing 2 hits if not needed,plus you then have to tidy up the already plasterd edge with the fresh gear all over it, time n effort... i worked with a few guys that do the same but on 45 degree angles, OOHH NOOO , ill do one side then plaster to it lol only time imo you have do that is if your too sh1t to do it wet lol
Mate I used to do opposites but that was a long time ago, no going back to that now, i ant running around in all different rooms so I can get enough on, not when there is stuff to do in the same room, plus it's better using the angel tool

yes i removed coving from the wall angles on a job i did last week. first time i've seen or heard of it looked strange
Ya 2.80 is ok but I have got a price per plot, I asked him how many metres an he said its so many bags so I have just thought 1 bag 10 metres and divided how many metres there is with the price per plot = 2.80 what if the other lads he's had before were putting it on like peeese
And I don't think I have ever seen somebodys front room with coving going down the walls in the corners, anybody else???

i do not understand this job.
you can turn an external angle freehand,by rubbing a float in the upright position, repeat the process with a trowel, then pull polythene down the arris, but this would be on a job for someone like english heritage. no on a new build on the rates that you have been quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.