Nightmare!!

Members online

barmyuk

Had an absolute t**t of a day, skimmed 25m2 stair case wall yesterday, of ladders and battens, wall were gypbonded wednesday finished lovely, came to plaster window wall this morning.......disaster struck, the top coat had pulled away from the scratch coat, never seen nothing like it, had to be at 4.5m high aswell!!

Attachments

• IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 518
Had an absolute t**t of a day, skimmed 25m2 stair case wall yesterday, of ladders and battens, wall were gypbonded wednesday finished lovely, came to plaster window wall this morning.......disaster struck, the top coat had pulled away from the scratch coat, never seen nothing like it, had to be at 4.5m high aswell!!
Yup my day was pretty rough too had to have lunch here:sorprendido3:
image.jpeg

Did u skim coat on existing base coat,,,,is that sand,lime undercoat underneath finish.

Not anything like as bad as @barmyuk 's day, but it's been a bit of a 'hassle day' today. Then as I was driving back to sort out stuff I saw a bloke standing in the p1ssing rain dressed in a spiderman costume holding a placard advertising Pizza. My day didn't seem so bad after that. :D

Not anything like as bad as @barmyuk 's day, but it's been a bit of a 'hassle day' today. Then as I was driving back to sort out stuff I saw a bloke standing in the p1ssing rain dressed in a spiderman costume holding a placard advertising Pizza. My day didn't seem so bad after that. :D
Pappa johns? Got Spiderman and batman down my way lol..

Pappa johns? Got Spiderman and batman down my way lol..

I didn't notice the company name, which makes it even worse for the poor sod as it's a pointless task. :LOL:

Whichever outfit it was, it's a fair bet that it's halal. @Nisus won't eat anything that isn't these days. :sisi:

yeah was skimmed onto existing base coat which was lime based!! ha needed re skimmed mate that was 5m high working off a batten and a ladder against the wall, looks worse due to the wall being blown! im sure there will be allowances for a few dimples!

Happened to me years ago,base coat probably blown.Bose.
U need to strip it all back probably

hey theres nothing wrong with that, im having more fun and earning more money now dressing up as spiderman than i ever did plastering :birra:

nice 1 (y)------ just returned from benidorm, cyprus in 5 weeks -------- :descansando::birras: that's what i work for trips a broad ------ keep posting the photos
I go back to the uk every now and then just to remind me why I chose the sunshine, did me time in wind n rain and freezin me nuts off. So decided make the break been on n off for 30 odd years now but settled for past 12

I go back to the uk every now and then just to remind me why I chose the sunshine, did me time in wind n rain and freezin me nuts off. So decided make the break been on n off for 30 odd years now but settled for past 12

perhaps in the near future when my youngest has flown the nest - we might move abroad permanent, any advise in making the move

perhaps in the near future when my youngest has flown the nest - we might move abroad permanent, any advise in making the move
Rent somewhere keep property in U.K. You have to live somewhere to know it your uk property depending on area can often rent you somewhere nice over here 2 bed 2 bath apt in gated community with pool somewhere between €400-600 average .
Your not tied to any particular area then and if neighbors piss you off can simply move.
Sunshine and outdoor life makes huge difference to your well being.
Generally the woman will miss friends and family more especially if parents /mother still alive. 2 bed place will always be handy for visits and kitchen etc always bigger.
That's Spain have had short bursts working in France and been few other places but life here suits me.

Rent somewhere keep property in U.K. You have to live somewhere to know it your uk property depending on area can often rent you somewhere nice over here 2 bed 2 bath apt in gated community with pool somewhere between €400-600 average .
Your not tied to any particular area then and if neighbors piss you off can simply move.
Sunshine and outdoor life makes huge difference to your well being.
Generally the woman will miss friends and family more especially if parents /mother still alive. 2 bed place will always be handy for visits and kitchen etc always bigger.
That's Spain have had short bursts working in France and been few other places but life here suits me.

cheers - youngest is 17 and currently doing A levels, if his grades are up to scratch, hes on about going to university, once hes settled it could be an option - (y)

cheers - youngest is 17 and currently doing A levels, if his grades are up to scratch, hes on about going to university, once hes settled it could be an option - (y)

Moving abroad has been on the cards for but shitty health and now we really like where we live but we do still um and ah about it... now she wants sprogs... bla bla bla

Had this a few times. Not 'after' skimming though.

I reckon it was probably steam stripped.

Once papers been steamed off it can take a few days to shrink back - THEN the topcoat of the old existing blows.
I've noticed it whilst sealing the walls before.

Also I reckon something was up while plastering. It looks like fat has been rubbed into the top part of the crack. :confused: