Nightmare!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been a while so ill say hi again lads.

Just had my 4 best trowels stolen from my last job( that'll teach me to leave my tools overnight)!!! Anyway, I've always gonna with marshaltown good handle trowels. Where's the cheapest place to get these as I'm going to need to get another 3 or 4.

Just had my 4 best trowels stolen from my last job( that'll teach me to leave my tools overnight)!!! Anyway, I've always gonna with marshaltown good handle trowels. Where's the cheapest place to get these as I'm going to need to get another 3 or 4.

Intaweb will be the cheapest

have a look at the Ox ones if you getting a few try one of them out mines slowly breaking in but nice solid trowels :RpS_thumbup:

@theplasterersonestopshop also sells marshals plus an abundance of other tools may give you a discount if you mention TPF :RpS_thumbsup:

sorry to hear that anywaysanyways

Last edited by a moderator:

You can Always find good used trowels on eBay saves having to wear new ones in

@Plasterers1StopShop should be able to sort you out..... its probably a good time to look at plastic trowels as you will need to get trowels worn in.... but plastic are pretty good straight off the bat.

Danny

Last edited:
God love any man that has to steal a trowel!! I thought you couldn't give them away at present. What will he do with them!!

buy a van and become a plasterer..............everyone else seams to be having a go at it

buy a van and become a plasterer..............everyone else seams to be having a go at it

Cos for some reason everyone outside the building game seems to think Plasterers make fortunes or thats how it seems to me. I know a few who have done 5 day courses and then cacked their pants when they realise how hard you have to work to make any descent money. Have also found that they like to ask how can i get more on the wall in a day and they never believe or like the answere EXPERIENCE AND BLOODY HARD WORK.

Awful news and very sorry to hear that.

Please give us a call and we will help you out, as your a member of TPF we will offer you a discount, as they have all been stolen we will help you out with some free items as well.

Ryan

all sell you them back for 50 bucks.na thats pure mince never touch another mans trowel.

it all depends where we are, but we do leave board,stand, barrow shovels etc overnight. we would always take home hand tools and paddle. thats in suffolk.
when we do ewi in london, you must keep an eye on everything. grenny chained to scaffolding, no tools left near a door way. they will pull them in, you can knock all day no one will answer. a genny is £100 up the pub to them. if a gang lost an genny they are stopped the cost out of their wages.

Awful news and very sorry to hear that.

Please give us a call and we will help you out, as your a member of TPF we will offer you a discount, as they have all been stolen we will help you out with some free items as well.

Ryan

Fair play Ryan, on that note alone you will be my first place to shop when i need tools.

i concur with that one................if only i haddnt just ordered a load of new toys from ITS last night:RpS_thumbsup: but next time i promise

just double checked the website you dnt have the things i orderd last night anyway so i havent let you down before i began haha

Sorry, havnt been on in a while. Basically all my hand tools and mixer got stolen. I'm just glad I didn't leave my screw guns or that there too. I had 4 trowels, 2 for rendering/plastering and two for skimming. I have bought one marshaltown and a hawk and using my older mixer to do me till i buy more. It's a ******* nightmare having to start again and buy everything new but I suppose that's my own fault for leaving my tools in an unattended property overnight.

thanks ryan from plasterers1stopshop that is a kind gesture and I will happily take you up on that offer, ill have a look on your site and let you know what I'm needing and order on payday!

Sorry, havnt been on in a while. Basically all my hand tools and mixer got stolen. I'm just glad I didn't leave my screw guns or that there too. I had 4 trowels, 2 for rendering/plastering and two for skimming. I have bought one marshaltown and a hawk and using my older mixer to do me till i buy more. It's a ******* nightmare having to start again and buy everything new but I suppose that's my own fault for leaving my tools in an unattended property overnight.

thanks ryan from plasterers1stopshop that is a kind gesture and I will happily take you up on that offer, ill have a look on your site and let you know what I'm needing and order on payday!
Ive got a worn in skimming trowel if you want it.its a 16x4 carbon marshalltown will need a handle but they are easy to get pm me if you want it i will send it to you and i will even pay the postage

Ive got a worn in skimming trowel if you want it.its a 16x4 carbon marshalltown will need a handle but they are easy to get pm me if you want it i will send it to you and i will even pay the postage
You lot do have a soft side after all! I wasn't looking for freebies, I was just more gutted about losing my trowels that I worked my balls off to get perfect.

Gibbo if your not wanting the trowel I would happily take it but couldn't take it for free

@dmplastering if its any use to you i have a well worn 18" × 4.75" s/s marshalltown skimming trowel that you could have, some wicked scumbag to be nicking a mans tools.

Thanks @scottie5
never used an 18" before but always wanted to try one out. I had two 11"(I think) and two 13".
pm me how much u want for it plus p&p

Tell you what mate pm me your address ill post it to you and if your happy with it you can text hero to 90700 and make a donation to help for heroes. :RpS_thumbup:

Fair play lads , ye are a sound bunch .
Dmp were you on a site or private house ? Keep your eyes open usually around here things like that will be found not too far away .

Status
Not open for further replies.