Next year

No if there was two of you one man bands dont cut it on site apart from algee

I agree. When i do new builds or full house i do room by room on tod. Id be guessing at a site system, but interested to know how its done now

I do quite a few new builds for a private builder. Last one in did was a big 4 bed I boarded n skimmed in 4 weeks on me own.

But it's hard graft as I'm more used to domestic. But I like the fact you can get stuck in on a new build rather than fecking about with sheets n working around stuff.

I agree. When i do new builds or full house i do room by room on tod. Id be guessing at a site system, but interested to know how its done now
Well the way we do it is 1bedroom and bathroom and a wall on the landing first hit bedroom and landing lid and couple of walls second hit bedroom and rest of landing and wall down stairs third hit day two all the kitchen and lid in hallway then all of living room and bit of hallway and half of electical cupboard then utilty rooms and reat of hallway then one of us just does the rest while one goes into next plot and beads up

Am I going to have to inject you with truth serum to hear about your system

@lurpak

Day 1

1 gauge - All upstairs Lids and 2 opposite walls in each room.

2 gauge - Remaining opposite walls & pick off silly bits off halways ensuites etc.

Day 2

1 Gauge - Downstairs ceilings & opposite walls.

2 Gauge - Downstairs remaing walls.

Addational Gauge on either day or day 3 if prefer picks off remains of stairs and cupboards etc.

Then start in next plot etc.

2 plots a week for 2 spreads

@lurpak

Day 1

1 gauge - All upstairs Lids and 2 opposite walls in each room.

2 gauge - Remaining opposite walls & pick off silly bits off halways ensuites etc.

Day 2

1 Gauge - Downstairs ceilings & opposite walls.

2 Gauge - Downstairs remaing walls.

Addational Gauge on either day or day 3 if prefer picks off remains of stairs and cupboards etc.

Then start in next plot etc.

2 plots a week for 2 spreads
f**k that aint going back in the same room twice

Well the way we do it is 1bedroom and bathroom and a wall on the landing first hit bedroom and landing lid and couple of walls second hit bedroom and rest of landing and wall down stairs third hit day two all the kitchen and lid in hallway then all of living room and bit of hallway and half of electical cupboard then utilty rooms and reat of hallway then one of us just does the rest while one goes into next plot and beads up

If I didnt do 3 hits a day for the private builder he'd prob bin me off on the bigger jobs. As it wouldn't get done quick enough for him. It's always price so never out of pocket.

We dont the whole of the upstairs/ downstairs is done in 1 day and the 2nd gauge starts going on when 1 of us is still troweling up previous gauge!

We class the whole of an upstairs/downstairs as a big room!
Each to their own mate

We're getting 8 days for 5 bed plots.... Load board dab skim.
Soon as a floors ready I'm on it.
The day it's passed its loaded....2 animals tack it next day.
I follow 2 dabbers then.
Spray painted on 9th day.
4 joiners 2nd fix in a few days it turns into a conveyor belt like factory work.

2 animals ,they f**k**g must be ,how they do it ,some going ,how much r houses going fir once up fir sale

All this doing big hit and pushing your body can't be good for your neck shoulders the hole body that the trouble whith site work you got go for it.my gran was a church goer and she came out whith al kind of saying and most of them were true and this one one of them from bible that y I don't kill my self becouse I've heard this one many times

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181207-193552.jpg
    Screenshot_20181207-193552.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 135
2 animals ,they f**k**g must be ,how they do it ,some going ,how much r houses going fir once up fir sale

I worked on a persimmon site in Blackburn mate last year a fella would tack studs and ceilings on his own in a day on 4 bed houses....then dab in 2 days alone mixed with a rake.
On-site 7 gone before 3.....house already loaded.
2 brother's worked separate doing this week in week out.
Looked like they plodded all day every skimmer who worked for Kingsley plasterers wanted to follow them.
To be honest Thier a rare breed but I know a few who can do it (y)(y)

All this doing big hit and pushing your body can't be good for your neck shoulders the hole body that the trouble whith site work you got go for it.my gran was a church goer and she came out whith al kind of saying and most of them were true and this one one of them from bible that y I don't kill my self becouse I've heard this one many times
Not big hits though just a method of doing it

Your body gets used to it like anything else mate ......I tried building a small wall in my garden a few years back it nearly fuucking killed me lol

It’s like trying to talk to a custard creme
I.m tired just got back from lakes n tired more then when i went. Lower backs playing up n right arm . I.ve put 2 stone on and dont think wife looks at me same. Two lovely dogs I can't bring me sen to walk but worse thing I think me dicks shrinking and I can't piss as high as my head anymore.
I just need a cuddle
Hahaha this forum has get very funny lately

Makes me tired reading it...did 100m one day to see if I could but it nearly killed me and never again

That's because you only done it 1 day....day in day out becomes alot easier.
Yeah mate I agree your body will accept anything within reason but still can't be the best thing for later life..doesn't matter for you cos when all your girls are teenagers they'll kill you off anyway

Its not about being a machine just work out how you will do the plot its easy no sheeting or cleaning apart from scraping out

Being bought up with it helps....but wouldn't take long for spreads to pick up if they were interested.
Poor young fella dabbing failed his driving test this morning.
His boss was telling me he was nearly blubbering on the phone.
Dreams of becoming a full time house basher lol.
Funny how plastering grips you at the start !!!!