newish to the forum

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard11

hi everyone, ive been registered to the forum for months and only just sussed out how to post messages/ threads. i started plastering about 3 years ago at college and now doing tiling. i have got tips of the site and ill share mine aswell.
cheers everyone
Richard

cheers lads, keithuk i was getting quite a few jobs here n there when i started, but works gone down and had 2/3 jobs on this year. i also do electrics (2330 level 3 electrical installation) and currently doing tiling level 2 at college

Alreet Richard the II..........any relation the the 3rd...................welcome along

na, not a chippy, done my electrical course-done jobs and was working with a sparky, work was running out, rather than do f-all, i thought electrics and plastering work well together-fink about it- how many sparks have done rewires then u have had to patch up or skim whole walls

bray november 009.jpg This was a nice flat lovely wall ready to plaster with clay one day the next a sparky walked in...look at the sockets near the skirting...we love mr sparky :RpS_sneaky::RpS_lol:

did you feel better wearing the toon top instead of your chelski top that promotes a racist captain................:-0

Can u do clay onto painted surfaces then monster?? Sort of like doing a reskim??
And how was ya roast dinner tonight that the misses slaved over:RpS_wink:

Can u do clay onto painted surfaces then monster?? Sort of like doing a reskim??
And how was ya roast dinner tonight that the misses slaved over:RpS_wink:

Hi Jason, yes you can go onto painted surfaces just make sure the surface is sound and do the usual tests as you would with a reskim in the same curcumstances and apply a sanded primer, i do lots of applications like this it gives you another way to sell your plastering skills as it does away with painting and has a few heath benefits thrown in, give us a bell and i can talk through it or come down the workshop, you may even get a roast :rolleyes)

ive made a decision that in the new year i am goin to come and try this mud plastering lark, i dnt need to bring anything do i? its just slap it on the wall with your hands isnt it and rub it a bit to smooth it off:RpS_lol: naa but seriously paul i will be wanting to try this in the new year

ive made a decision that in the new year i am goin to come and try this mud plastering lark, i dnt need to bring anything do i? its just slap it on the wall with your hands isnt it and rub it a bit to smooth it off:RpS_lol: naa but seriously paul i will be wanting to try this in the new year

Nice one Jason let us know when you want to come down :RpS_thumbup:

If Pippa can do it anyone can do it lol.
When you back up this way Clay?
I forgot to call you last time I was too busy :RpS_biggrin:

Hi Jason, yes you can go onto painted surfaces just make sure the surface is sound and do the usual tests as you would with a reskim in the same curcumstances and apply a sanded primer, i do lots of applications like this it gives you another way to sell your plastering skills as it does away with painting and has a few heath benefits thrown in, give us a bell and i can talk through it or come down the workshop, you may even get a roast :rolleyes)

A primer! Why not just use uni-clay finish :rolleyes)

A roast!! :RpS_scared: don't do it Jase :-0

Hows it going Lee, hoping to get up in new year now bud and have a pint, you still on the pimms or you not drinking that stuff anymore :RpS_wink:

You said you didnt call him cos he was a complete bellend............:huh:

oh.erm .....high there marra........thought you had gone............:RpS_sneaky:
babysham.....i aint no southern homo........

Status
Not open for further replies.