Newby!

Members online

SilkyB

Hello All, New to the site as the thread name suggests. I have recently moved to Dubai and represent a company called Silk Plaster. This is an eco friendly plaster able wallpaper, that is a decorative finishing material, so look forward to any interest and discussions on this site.

Just watched the video and think it looks like the most stupid product ive ever seen...the chap is picking it up with his hand to put it on his trowel.....it wont take off....ever

Dear Mr Lodan, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions, however please do not show your ignorance and non professionalism by giving such comments on a product you have no idea about. If it would never take off then how do we already have two major factories with 5 production lines? Persons may use their hands as it is a non toxic eco friendly material and so easy to apply that even kids can do. Fully DIY. It also replaces other finishing products such as MPFinish, paint and wallpaper. It is part repairable and does not fade in colour. Some ranges can also be applied by compressor. It also gives extra heat and sound insulation.

Attachments

• Design3.jpg
    Design3.jpg
    768.2 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
It comes in a bag of 1 kg and all you have to do is add it to water, mix and you are ready to go. As mentioned before. It is a Decorative Finishing material. Further about the comment about picking it up with your hands. What exactly is wrong with that? The material is light and easy to work with. If you would like to scoop it up with your trowel (the traditional way) you may also do this!

Attachments

• ArtDesign-Package.jpg
    ArtDesign-Package.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Versailles.jpg
    Versailles.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 224
  • Villa2.jpg
    Villa2.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 272
Stupid, NO! Versatile, revolutionary, easy to use, DIY, eco friendly, fire retardant, anti-static, colour full, large range of textures and colours, design friendly, economical - YES!

Anyway, thanks for such a warm welcome to the site! I look forward to further comments from other members.

Hi silky b
I used something similar to that years ago but we sprayed it on Base coat colour then a textured top coat flex I think it was called portaflek the finish was like a wood chip affect looks good

Hi silky b
I used something similar to that years ago but we sprayed it on Base coat colour then a textured top coat flex I think it was called portaflek the finish was like a wood chip affect looks good

Ok, yes there were some similar products and still are these days. This comes in a ready bag with all components. The development of the product though has come a long way and actually is quite versatile.

And if I offended you apologies but you posted about a product on a public forum and I gave my opinion....

And if I offended you apologies but you posted about a product on a public forum and I gave my opinion....

Its ok, it takes a bit more than an uneducated opinion to offend me and yes, it is a public forum.

Dear Mr Lodan, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions, however please do not show your ignorance and non professionalism by giving such comments on a product you have no idea about. If it would never take off then how do we already have two major factories with 5 production lines? Persons may use their hands as it is a non toxic eco friendly material and so easy to apply that even kids can do. Fully DIY. It also replaces other finishing products such as MPFinish, paint and wallpaper. It is part repairable and does not fade in colour. Some ranges can also be applied by compressor. It also gives extra heat and sound insulation.

Its ok, it takes a bit more than an uneducated opinion to offend me and yes, it is a public forum.

You seem quite offended:)

Seen silk plaster before and it looks good but from what I remember you could not get any samples to me... or wanted to charge a tonne for shipping...

I think it looks pretty good, for a feature wall maybe...
Ideal for hotels and places with a bit of grandeur.
I think with the video, putting it on the trowel by hand perhaps looks a bit unprofessional?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I think it looks pretty good, for a feature wall maybe...
Ideal for hotels and places with a bit of grandeur.
I think with the video, putting it on the trowel by hand perhaps looks a bit unprofessional?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
It's Russian mate, have you not seen on the video they wearing slippers, the tub they use to knock up they might use to soak their feet too. I remember from my childhood listening mad stories about Russian alcoholics, when they had no money for booze they were soaking their feet in the same water every day for weeks then drinking the b*****d.
Product looks good tho, right up my street as the surface don't have to be perfect

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments, and unfortunately yes, I do have to agree about the video, but have been pushing for new ones so hopefully should be soon. Re the feature walls and hotels, you have hit it on the head as this is where it actually works a treat. I put some more photos. For bigger commercial projects the compressor application is good. Also the only limit of designs you can do with this is your own artistic capability. Couple picture of showrooms and stuff also I have added. We are of course looking to expand our distributor network and especially in the UK if anyone would be interested.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Headboard1.jpg
    Headboard1.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg