Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris55

Hi all, Chris from Essex saying hello to everyone.
Been looking at the forum for a week or so and love all the banter, so thought I'd jump in. Have been spreading for 25 yrs or so, mostly house bashing till 6 yrs ago when it went all tits up. Now working for a few small builders, doing extensions and re-furbs(a damn sight easier than having to do a 4 bed townhouse in a week, I can assure you!!). Right, enough about me, been asked to do a K rend silicone TC15 render which I haven't used before. I have done quite a bit of scratched renders( monocouche and weber pral) but never this system, anybody got any tips or things to look out for?
Cheers.

Hello chris and welcome along mate. @Rigsby will probably be the man for your render advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome along Chris, lots of guys using Krend on here, if you've used mono and weber you shouldnt have a problem. I us Krend but not right now, better waiting for someone that is using it currently that can advise you on drying times this time of year.

Thanks Oli ,i only stick to what i know on mono render , bit of a one trick pony ,Weber :RpS_blushing:

Hi all, Chris from Essex saying hello to everyone.
Been looking at the forum for a week or so and love all the banter, so thought I'd jump in. Have been spreading for 25 yrs or so, mostly house bashing till 6 yrs ago when it went all tits up. Now working for a few small builders, doing extensions and re-furbs(a damn sight easier than having to do a 4 bed townhouse in a week, I can assure you!!). Right, enough about me, been asked to do a K rend silicone TC15 render which I haven't used before. I have done quite a bit of scratched renders( monocouche and weber pral) but never this system, anybody got any tips or things to look out for?
Cheers.

If you have any specific questions I can ask the lads on site Thursday, all they use is Krend :RpS_thumbsup:

It is not the time of year for the TC15, wait until April at least. You ought to see it being done first rather than advice. I went to watch Southern Monkey Render although that was Santane but the method is the same. Maybe youtube has some vids on it. You could go onto a manufacturers training course. Weber will do it on their ewi course.

Cheers Olican
Just need to know about setting times really.I see it says leave the base coat 2 weeks before applying primer, seems a bit excessive!
Also, how long do you have to leave the top coat before you put the plastic float over it. Sort of thinking I might get someone else to do it now, making myself sound like a right numbty!!!! Thanks mate.

Thanks Rigsby
Yeah, not really the weather for outsides, I've got 3 renders waiting to go now, just can't get on them. Have had a look on YouTube but not much help. Might look into the course. Nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.