Newbie wannabe Birmingham

I'm looking to do the 10 day plastering course which I know alot of you on here think it's a waste of time but for me and alot of newbies on here it's a start.
I've been a chef for 22 years and use to a full days graft but now its time for a change!
Is there any plasterers out there who would take on a post course newbie to skiv for them for a few weeks to gain extra knowledge and plastering skills or even a full time labouring job if it meant I'd get the skill set at the end of it!
Thanks in advance

I'm looking to do the 10 day plastering course which I know alot of you on here think it's a waste of time but for me and alot of newbies on here it's a start.
I've been a chef for 22 years and use to a full days graft but now its time for a change!
Is there any plasterers out there who would take on a post course newbie to skiv for them for a few weeks to gain extra knowledge and plastering skills or even a full time labouring job if it meant I'd get the skill set at the end of it!
Thanks in advance

Why don't you use the drama to move far, far away from Birmingham while you're about it? Manchester, the Jewel of the North is only an hour and a bit away. Then you can be happy and have nice neighbours instead of Islamists and Brummies.

@imago will be along in a minute to tell you just how big Birmingham is and how hard it is to drive around....

I once worked in Birmingham.........it was easier to get out of than into.....
Like many things in a mans life...

The best place is gold trowel.... I know more people who have gone through their training than any other course and gone on to make a good living out of it... 10 days is a good introduction but you will need further training but still out of all the 10 dayers GT is by far the best

Good luck I suppose everyone has to start somewhere,even though I think these courses are expensive for what you get.

Go to Goldtrowel but danny is right 10 days on its own won't be enough. I did 6 weeks at Goldtrowel and needed help after from one of the lads on here

Thanks in advance
f**k the course save your money and offer your services for free to a decent recommended plasterer (no decent person would let you work for free) Your much more likely to learn more quickly this way rather than be another course robot.

f**k the course save your money and offer your services for free to a decent recommended plasterer (no decent person would let you work for free) Your much more likely to learn more quickly this way rather than be another course robot.

great in theory... but finding a plasterer that is will to train the competition is quite hard to do

great in theory... but finding a plasterer that is will to train the competition is quite hard to do

Troo dat.

I found a chap fairly easily first time round but when he ran out of work I wasn't so lucky the next time.