Newbie Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benisit

Hi folks,

First time poster here, so please be gentle...

My bessie mate is a plasterer, so I asked him already, not sure if he was just in a grump or what but he wasn't very forthcoming with an answer, other than 'nah mate, can't do that...'

My query is... We have a garden stool, made from wires, approx 2-3mm gaps between each wire, is it possible to render/plaster/screed (you tell me please...) the entire stool, so it becomes a 'concrete' type stool?

The idea is to then decorate said stool with bits of tile, mosaic stylee.

What would be the best stuff to cover the stool with making it durable enough to be left in the garden indefinitely? Any thoughts/ideas/comments on the topic greatly appreciated...

Kind regards,
Ben & Nicola.

I am not sure.... maybe some of the render guys will be able to help... but you could always fibre glass it :)

Yes you can, plastering sand/cement/fibres, give it a bit of a splatter with a wet mix let it set then do it again, then render up

Depends on size, you could dip it in a wet mix once or twice that will giv youa good coatfro tiling onto mate:RpS_thumbsup:

20b63d56.jpg

Attempting to upload a pic now...

Just make sure you use EVA not PVA with your paper mâché,
do a layer let it dry, do another layer let it dry, sbr slurry it all then tile with cement based adhesive :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.