Newbie looking for tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well plastering since left school so 14 years now, In Cumbria we all seem to be stuck in the times myself included, Still apply 2 coats by hand and flatten with trowel then 2 wet rubs with trowel followed by a hard rub with trowel, Using a 14 or 16 inch steel marshalltown...

I know there is nothing wrong with this method and my work is very high standard but would love to make life easier:RpS_laugh:

So been looking at speedskims for flattening in, any good?

Also what about these Refina PlaziFlex s*p*r*lex Skimming Trowel i have been seeing?

Do they really make life easier and also leave a very high standard?

Thanks Martin

just keep doing it your way... whats wrong with 2 coating anyway ?? thats how it should be done...

I'm liking the speedskim so far I keep it handy and just run it over as soon as the last bit of plaster is on for both coats. Takes no time to use it and it seems to get it drying quicker better off having a play with someone else's to see if you like it as some people don't seem to get on with it.

600 and 1200 plus pole attachment... think there on at 70 quid, brand new, used the 600 once for 10 mins...

Plazi flex is worth it's wait in gold s*p*r*lex ain't bad either. I use speedskim and get on with it as do a lot on here and a lot that don't. It took me a few weeks to get used to it it didn't give me instant results just took abit of patients.

The eze spat is brilliant !! Spanky has one and used it on that ceiling in France very easy to use on big ceilings its a godsend made life so much easier :RpS_thumbup:

Got both Plaziflexs and speedskims .... worth there money for the time and effort it saves imo ... speedskim more so on larger areas etc

pm,ed ya mate, 50 for both and attachment, thats ok i think ?? cant remember what I paid.. more than that tho..lol.. to be honest didnt give them much of a try... got 2 new marshaltowns for 50 aswell... virtually brand new ( there great for scrapping floors..lol )

If they don't sell and you can post I'll have them mate. If anything they look good to clean the shower screen after a shower.

I always two coat. Tried one coating a whole back but couldnt get as good a finish. I dont hard rub though. Just got a super flex and it does make things easier

If they don't sell and you can post I'll have them mate. If anything they look good to clean the shower screen after a shower.
I'll give laddo 1st chance mate, if ive heard nowt by tomorrow morning, I;ll message ya.. can post em..

Well plastering since left school so 14 years now, In Cumbria we all seem to be stuck in the times myself included, Still apply 2 coats by hand and flatten with trowel then 2 wet rubs with trowel followed by a hard rub with trowel, Using a 14 or 16 inch steel marshalltown...

I know there is nothing wrong with this method and my work is very high standard but would love to make life easier:RpS_laugh:

So been looking at speedskims for flattening in, any good?

Also what about these Refina PlaziFlex s*p*r*lex Skimming Trowel i have been seeing?

Do they really make life easier and also leave a very high standard?

Thanks Martin

It's been said many times that these tools are all about personal preference. For me I can't imagine going back to finishing with steel. These tools are cheap enough to try out for yourself. Not much lost if you don't get on with them

Status
Not open for further replies.