Newbie from brum

• Thread starter Deleted member 39878
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 39878

First post to say hello everyone, im looking for some work in this field, I’m 34 years old and a postman for 10 years, which to be fair I only applied out of circumstances.

I have a bit of experience in plastering via doing jobs in my own home, including family and friends.

I have my own tools including a plasterboard lift, an estate car, and a real passion to succeed, I’m willing to work for free to prove my self and will travel, I will do courses and gain CSCS card if needed, is there anyone out there willing to help, many thanks

Hi I phoned soooo many people yesterday for a job, I explained I can work for free to prove my self, someone might give me a chance today if the work comes in, taking a ceiling down and boarding it up, than he comes it to plaster it, can’t wait well excited, I have a real big bone know

First post to say hello everyone, im looking for some work in this field, I’m 34 years old and a postman for 10 years, which to be fair I only applied out of circumstances.

I have a bit of experience in plastering via doing jobs in my own home, including family and friends.

I have my own tools including a plasterboard lift, an estate car, and a real passion to succeed, I’m willing to work for free to prove my self and will travel, I will do courses and gain CSCS card if needed, is there anyone out there willing to help, many thanks
What’s wrong with your postman job? Working for free is a good way, great attitude to learn and get on mate. All the best!

Hi thanks for the response guys

What’s wrong with your postman job? Working for free is a good way, great attitude to learn and get on mate. All the best!

Fook me don’t know where to start, never wanted it but circumstances where bad and it was the best job at the time (working by self...etc), I can give you a list of problems being a postie from my experience, nothing to do with customers, it’s a very unappreciated job, since privatisation it has become worse, and only going to get more worse, just to keep it short, thanks man
you're well excited and have a real big bone now?

plastering's never got me that turned on to be honest

Plastering was something I always wanted to get into, a very nice chap has given me a chance and paying me.
Good luck mate !

Thanks man, done today and tomorrow he wants to see me skimming, the bone still there man!!!

Fook me don’t know where to start, never wanted it but circumstances where bad and it was the best job at the time (working by self...etc), I can give you a list of problems being a postie from my experience, nothing to do with customers, it’s a very unappreciated job, since privatisation it has become worse, and only going to get more worse, just to keep it short, thanks man

Plastering was something I always wanted to get into, a very nice chap has given me a chance and paying me.

Thanks man, done today and tomorrow he wants to see me skimming, the bone still there man!!!
Have a great time

Just stay chilled. Your mood shows in your plastering finish.

Just ask Andy G.
Good luck

Thanks guys, todays another one

Just ask Andy G.
Good luck

Only been on here for a few days, correct me if I’m wrong but Andy G the residential joker, and what’s the lab all about.

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys, todays another one

Only been on here for a few days, correct me if I’m wrong but Andy G the residential joker, and what’s the lab all about.

Thanks guys.
Andy g says he has not got any pals so everyone asks as a joke do you have a labourer.....most of the time he writes such depressing stuff it just boring, most people on here think he is just at it ...

That’s Andy G explained.

Today that efing bone made a huge mess, the chap liked what he had seen and said I have a job if I’m reliable and can get out of bed early morning, early mornings, I’ve been getting up 4am every day for the last 10 years, f*g no probs!!!!

Just ask Andy G.
Good luck

Thanks man, thank you everyone

Well done mate, good luck ....remember keep looking in on us and we will try to make you laugh

Thanks man, thanks to all for your kind words, I’m deffo staying here, it’s just as good if not better then the few car forums I follow.

wish I was a postman stick at it mate clean job regular hours pension

People are usually pleased to see you , especially the wife , they never get use to the trail of pink fairy dust that shadows your every move

I really hate being a postie, but I needed a job at that time, 6-2 is my shift pattern for 6 days, but for most of my postie life I’ve been working from 5 in the morning till 8 in evening, I’m not getting in to how many miles a posties feet cover in a day, and they always waiting for you to slip up, it is a real thankless company especially after privatisation, you won’t now until you tried.

Pension is a plus side, but look what happened to rover, me old man slaved at longbridge for over 35 years and lost his pension. I seen what my dad went through, and ever since I’ve been putting some away as my own private pension, yea it will be nice to have it but doesn’t really bother me.

I.m hoping to drop on post once lads older to finish my working days of

Good luck mate, they really do take the pee pee with the part timers, and that’s all they offer at the moment is part time

I like part time lol

It use to be a good place to work, especially from what the old timers got to say, but I do feal sorry for the part timers, they are well over worked than full timers.

I really hate being a postie, but I needed a job at that time, 6-2 is my shift pattern for 6 days, but for most of my postie life I’ve been working from 5 in the morning till 8 in evening, I’m not getting in to how many miles a posties feet cover in a day, and they always waiting for you to slip up, it is a real thankless company especially after privatisation, you won’t now until you tried.

Pension is a plus side, but look what happened to rover, me old man slaved at longbridge for over 35 years and lost his pension. I seen what my dad went through, and ever since I’ve been putting some away as my own private pension, yea it will be nice to have it but doesn’t really bother me.
I know what your saying mate loads lost pensions /criminal but who gives a s**t/ started plastering at 15 still at it 70 no choice