New way to scratch s+c

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carljenk

My next door neighbour had the front of his house scratch coated today this is what I came home too ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1415983026.673667.jpg

Often see this type of scratch and shake my head, it's a brickies scratch...scored with a brick trowel :rolleyes)

Wtf! Was there much point in drawing them silly lines in the scratch? they might as well have left it flat,
"Flat"ha! lol @Carljenk and your motor,i would be fuming

Last edited by a moderator:
I ******* am it was everywhere
I feel for you pal,things like that really p*ss me off! especially as i always try my best to leave a job as tidy as i found it,and if i did leave that mess on someones car i wouldnt expect to get away with it,i dont know why some people think they can,its a real shame.

I feel for you pal,things like that really p*ss me off! especially as i always try my best to leave a job as tidy as i found it,and if i did leave that mess on someones car i wouldnt expect to get away with it,i dont know why some people think they can,its a real shame.

If people ain't in I've jumped over fences to clean peoples gardens if I've been rendering or dashing

i got a few cement water splashs on a van parked outside the job the other day and i was out straght away to clean it before anyone seen it

Often see this type of scratch and shake my head, it's a brickies scratch...scored with a brick trowel :rolleyes)

Steady now, I've never scratched a wall like that!! I'm a brickie. Although sometimes I up my game and do a bit of plastering... :-

its an old school scratch pattern used in lime work , works like a gutter down pipe to lose water from the mix

Last edited:
Been asked to topcoat a garden wall with that scratch pattern needless to say I didnt even knock the door and drove off flat out.

A Council estate had a gang that did that sort of scratch on every house. That was about 2000. They lasted 10 years before it started to fail, but not the top coat leaving but both coats back to brick.

A Council estate had a gang that did that sort of scratch on every house. That was about 2000. They lasted 10 years before it started to fail, but not the top coat leaving but both coats back to brick.

were the joints raked ? and what bricks were they ?

Pmsl. This is a shitty brickies scratch all you will get from this is problems.. The old lime scratch is alot tighter. And its done with a scratch not a trowel

Hard commons not raked out. Ready mixed sand and cement usually that is soft sand for brick laying.
id say the lack of key caused the prob not the patten of stratch , but time of year weather wise becomes an issue

Lack of key and using soft sand instead of rendering sand. The gang that did it was local and after that contract used their van and became a 1 man and a van outfit doing removals.

Lack of key and using soft sand instead of rendering sand. The gang that did it was local and after that contract used their van and became a 1 man and a van outfit doing removals.

were they any good at that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.