new van

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spunkybum

VOLKSWAGEN CADDY 2000 w sdi white ,good condition,mot feb 2010,tax aug o9,recent brakes ,discs and pads,new battery,recent tyres, regulary serviced,never been sign written,roofrack,116k £950.

err sorry about being a bit drunk on my last couple of posts :-[..............anyway what do you think lads?.....does anyone know anything about caddys and what to look out for ???

Use the £950 as a deposit and you can have a brand new Caddy on a 2 yr contract hire for about £160 a month. Trouble free motoring, 50-60 mpg. Fully tax deductable.

too small but a good price..
buy it for 960, sell it for 1400 and get a bigger one..

Anythins gotta be betta than a vivaro, i ve had 2 weeks of trouble with it, first the air low meter £135, last saturday the boost valve or summat £200. I'll be buyin meself somethin german next time, run like steam trains i ve been told.

old rear wheel transit.. look after body work and prop bearings theyll run for ever..

cheers for the replies lads ....good thinking seggs ;D......tony i dont know if ill have any work to put it against at the mo! ;D......good darts though maybe in a couple of years ;)

I've just had a new turbo and DPF replaced under warranty. If i'd had to pay for it, it would have been well over 2 grand. Van's done 44k. What's the best thing to do? Keep it and hope for the best, buy an extended warranty at £500 a year, or change it for a new one every 3 yrs?

would you ever consider downgrading tony?........its a nice van mate but would you rather swap it for a standard new transporter and save a few quid......

spunkybum said:
would you ever consider downgrading tony?........its a nice van mate but would you rather swap it for a standard new transporter and save a few quid......
I love my van and saved hard to get it. I rarely drink, don't smoke, am a workaholic and this is my reward.
I looked at the Caddy Sportline the other day. There's one on the Autotrader website for £15k. I'ts faster than my Transporter but unfortunately not got enough room in it. It would do nearly twice the mpg that mine does, so that would easily save over a ton a month.

And Richard, I must be a posh dryliner, not a plasterer.

youre both coonts ;D.................youre not getting bored are you and tring to justify a new van ;D............fair play though mate ignore me youve done very well for yourself ......sell the van and have a nice holiday in barbados ... :)

theres nothing like a brand new van i got an 07 fiat scudo lwb on a lease done 40'000 goes back in two years 170 amonth including vat gonna get the caddy maxi next and a trailer for machine

heafy said:
Anythins gotta be betta than a vivaro, i ve had 2 weeks of trouble with it, first the air low meter £135, last saturday the boost valve or summat £200. I'll be buyin meself somethin german next time, run like steam trains i ve been told.
B****Y NORA how olds youre van mate got one of these too,getting a bit worried now that the bloody thing is going to break down knew i should have bought one of those german things.

Got me self a new van,peugeot expert 110 hdi,goes like stink 55plate 68000 on the clock,paid 3200+vat not bad eh ?

hollybank said:
heafy said:
B****Y NORA how olds youre van mate got one of these too,getting a bit worried now that the bloody thing is going to break down knew i should have bought one of those german things.
its on a 05 plate used to be a courier van, its done 103000 motorway miles. Overall it s a good van, it s just the things i ve bin told about them, gearbox troubles and all that crap.

I have one on an 05 plate from new done 60,000 miles had no trouble with it apart from the usual [tyres,brakes]

my mate has got one and loves it, I was gonna go for either that or a transporter but because I am very wealthy I got the transporter haha.

Rich

richardbrown said:
my mate has got one and loves it, I was gonna go for either that or a transporter but because I am very wealthy I got the transporter haha.

Rich
Posh and wealthy hey things must be good down your way ???

Haha was only kidding..... Im working at the moment but I had a thought today my phone hasnt rung for a few weeks now which has never happened before ........ ouch

Rich

ill buy it off you in a couple of weeks mate .........a grand ?

is that classed as profanity lol.......mates has had 2 vauhalls for about a year...he buys new vans evry 2 or so years....its done 40,000 hes ply lined it....no dents..they look ok...but if buyin one then its gonna be with me a fair while...my old tranny isnt exactly selling me on its looks ( there aint a panel thats either not dented or rust riddden )..cant afford vw...which i would like so i was thinking matey and his van..cheers for replys

If your buying it off your mate he'll tell you if its a good one or not, failing that then why not a T4 Transporter supposed to be very good !!??

Rich

phippsy333 said:
is that classed as profanity lol.......mates has had 2 vauhalls for about a year...he buys new vans evry 2 or so years....its done 40,000 hes ply lined it....no dents..they look ok...but if buyin one then its gonna be with me a fair while...my old tranny isnt exactly selling me on its looks ( there aint a panel thats either not dented or rust riddden )..cant afford vw...which i would like so i was thinking matey and his van..cheers for replys

You'd be surprised at how cheap secondhand VW Transporters are going for at the moment. Check out the VW Vancentres used stock lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.