new van or not

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

im thinking of getting a new(er) van, i have a t reg astravan at the moment but its fukked, just passed mot after spending 200 notes on it.
i know that vans get mucky in this game but do i stay with the old 1 run it into the ground or buy something that looks a bit looked after???

i'm off to the auctions on thursday, looking at spending £2500, should get a very tidy 04/05 transit sized van for that. wouldn't ever spend more on a van thats gonna get covered in plasterdust from day 1

theres some bargains out the there if u look the fella im workin with just got an 02 renault traffic for £2200

I went down the new van route looking to have it for at least 10-12 years , im into detailing so it stays clean and tidy trust me ;)

I've been driving an s reg relay i spent £800 on 3 yrs ago, spent over £700 on it this year though, time to bite the bullet and bin it

if u keep ontop of the cab once a fortnight or so an get some decent seat covers it aint hard to keep em looking in good shape

If you use a descent plastic dressing on the interior trim the dust just sits on top and it don't dry white when you next clean it as for the outside cleanse and clay the paint work 2 coats of a decent nuber wax with a sealent over the top and that's good for 4 months .

things have changed since i last washed a car or van, 1987 i think it was ;D

i suppose if you have a good looking van it proberly creates a good first impression on certain customers who like that sort of thing............me i have to to work kin hard after pulling up in me smokin kango 8)but it just keeps on going.next van will be another transit or the like just to keep cove dry

napper83 said:
theres some bargains out the there if u look the fella im workin with just got an 02 renault traffic for £2200
heard here was a good few problems with trafic/vavaro/primstar pre 06 models...turbos,master cylinders,fuel pumps, gear boxes and electrical problems but they sorted them out post 06.......seems the vauxhall vivaros fair better than the other 2 ....as their all the same body and engine i believe.......got a ex bt dealer ring me monday with a 06' 40,000 ex bt for 3200.........he has a few hes just picked up..im going for a lwb.....he sold 500 of them last year so sounds like he knows his stuff.....i'll write about it on monday if u like for info for you

TonyM said:
Get a new van mate. Haven't you heard, the recession's over.

I'm thinking of getting a new van now before the recession is over, there are some decent deals going at the moment. Thinking of a long wheelbase Transit, I can't stand having a van that you can't get 3m beads straight in like I can in my Vito but the Vito doesn't have a great payload. Anyone know of any reason not to go for a Transit?

Best go on a transit forum Andy there out there and their might be some members that you know ;D most new vans have re- calls and all have teething problems at the mo mk6 trannys srub there tyres after 5k and have central locking issues :mad:

is it at 40000 miles you have to do a waterpump ..........might be 50000 and i think it costs a grand :eek:

i just bought a transit connect high roof lwb model its great does 45 to gallon and i got a roof tube for my beads i used to have an x reg iveco daily that cost me 70 quid a week on fuel around 250 miles wouldnt recommend them .now a days me can get most things deliverd to site so no need for a huge van

church said:
Best go on a transit forum Andy there out there and their might be some members that you know ;D most new vans have re- calls and all have teething problems at the mo mk6 trannys srub there tyres after 5k and have central locking issues :mad:

Can't see the point of that Church, if their like certain other forums and someone wanted to say something bad about Transits it would get deleted before anyone had a chance to read it ;)

ive never heard a bad word said about toyota hiaces .......n reg's still fetch 2 grand on ebay

essexandy said:
church said:

Ouuuch that hurt you git ..............PS i dont mod the transit forum ....... LOL

Can't see the point of that Church, if their like certain other forums and someone wanted to say something bad about Transits it would get deleted before anyone had a chance to read it ;)

phippsy333 said:
napper83 said:
heard here was a good few problems with trafic/vavaro/primstar pre 06 models...turbos,master cylinders,fuel pumps, gear boxes and electrical problems but they sorted them out post 06.......seems the vauxhall vivaros fair better than the other 2 ....as their all the same body and engine i believe.......got a ex bt dealer ring me monday with a 06' 40,000 ex bt for 3200.........he has a few hes just picked up..im going for a lwb.....he sold 500 of them last year so sounds like he knows his stuff.....i'll write about it on monday if u like for info for you

this one had a new box at 64k its got 70 on it now they hav a galv body tho dont they? so wont suffer the same body s**t trannys do??

i've got a lwb transit on a 51 plate paid 2600 for it it goes well isn't bad on diesal either and they don't have cambelts either they have chains , loads of space in as well , i think their great vans .

it freaks simply out as well when he gets in it cos i like to keep it clean

clean, its like an operating room, he is like a big girl. if a fly sits on the seats he gets the hoover out ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D, Would love to drop a bag of white mono inside, i think stu would end up in a nut house

Plenty of room for Monkeys food supply too, they needs to be.Thats one anally clean van.Just needs that round sticker like you have on your van Paul.

If you have the money to buy a good van, then do it, you can claim 100% on fya for a van, think about it like this you can give 3k to the government and drive around in a old van or spend it on and van for yourself, you only pay tax on you profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.