New trowel

Wakes me up every morning at 6am for a walk I call her all sorts of c**ts that time on a morning!

morning stroll
then weatherspoons breakfast
20211114_093425.jpg
20211114_093418.jpg

Hi I’ve just bought an oxtool 11 inch stainless steel trowel pre worn for £25 and it’s pretty good. The handle is really comfortable which I like.
It’s just what was in stock at the merchants and to be honest perfect for me ……
It’s a personal thing though so what suits one may not be right for another.
My old man has the ox ultra flex and it does the job got to say, he did say he’d prefer a nella or mt one but it’s decent for what it costs

Kraft trowels are lovely!
They look nice tbf mate, never heard of them at the mo I’m using a hand me down that my dad had from his old work mate before he passed, i think I figured out the problem with it, he was left handed so it’s gone into the opposite hand shape for me (it’s a old tyzac, it does the job and once it’s troweled out it does look alright it’s just slightly long and not wide enough for my liking)
Kraft trowels are lovely!

Perma shape for on . & mediflex flat & finish ..
I’m leaning towards the permashape ones at the mo look nice, someone I know has one and skims with it (he’s useless with plaster so more often than not it’s with aimes) but leaves a lovely finish, just bought a s*p*r*lex I’m not sure if it’s the one your on about but it’s a mt one, looks and feels decent going to try it out when I skim on Tuesday

unless your trowel is completely fooked, you’ve probably got your timings wrong.
The timings seem to be alright (it’s a hand me down one as I’m new didn’t want to spend out on one and not enjoy the trade, but am looking for one as it was used by a left handed person so has shaped into fit how he skimmed) , it’s also the size and width I prefer a wider one that’s also slightly shorter, thinking 13”x5” or 13.5”x5”

It's simple no trowel makes you better, all these new trowels and whatever may be useful, I've never needed them.
It may just be where I’m newish to the trade tbf, it’s a decent trowel and after the second coat with 3 trowels it’s does look like a nice finish it’s just a bit difficult as it’s bent into shape for a left handed person, it’s a 14x4” tyzac, I’m thinking of going down an inch and wider by an inch in the hopes I get a bit mor control over it

I’m fact I correct myself it is not racist. Well the thing is something is only termed racist when it goes in one direction which is a negative or lesser treatment of darker skin folk from fairer skin folk, what you said is a compliment to darker skin folk in defining someone’s sexual orientation towards finding sexual gratification with darker skin folks. But negrophiliac would be racist against fairer skin folk but there is no crime apparently with regard to what goes in the opposite direction which is a negative or lesser treatment of fairer skin folk
Funny world
Season 9 Idk GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I’m leaning towards the permashape ones at the mo look nice, someone I know has one and skims with it (he’s useless with plaster so more often than not it’s with aimes) but leaves a lovely finish, just bought a s*p*r*lex I’m not sure if it’s the one your on about but it’s a mt one, looks and feels decent going to try it out when I skim on Tuesday

choose a trowel
send it to me

il use my left hand and break it in for ya ..........

small fee of £3000 (y)

fuuck off @John j
I got here first

i was down there 3 week ago at leyland at my daughters for a few days and then the wife tested poss for covid had to return to firt morning fckin nightmare

my little boy talks to the moon

starting to wonder is he mad or is it a northern thing :rayos:

Perma shape for on . & mediflex flat & finish ..
Yep perma gold Mt to put on is standard, alot of other trowels to finish off with out there these days, I go with 18 inch ultra flex ox but it's not durable been advised to get a nela gold flexi?? Just bear in mind certain trowels only give you the finish you want if your timing and water spraying are on point

I go with 18 inch ultra flex ox but it's not durable been advised to get a nela gold flexi??

Had to smile at the above....

Nela make the Ultraflex for Ox!

Here it is, from the horse's mouth (1stopPlasterers' Shop is Nela's UK distributor):

the nela and the ox are an identical trowel. Just sold under and branded as ox.
I'm sure p1ss will confirm this.
The ultraflex is a great trowel although I might get a 14" one as I think the 16" I have is just a tad on the long side.
There are some differences with the blade
It's mainly just re branded. The blade is a slightly different material to my knowledge

When you mention that you don't feel the Ox Ultraflex is durable enough, do you mean it gets damaged too easily or that it doesn't hold it's shape longterm, or some other reason?

Last edited:
I’m fact I correct myself it is not racist. Well the thing is something is only termed racist when it goes in one direction which is a negative or lesser treatment of darker skin folk from fairer skin folk, what you said is a compliment to darker skin folk in defining someone’s sexual orientation towards finding sexual gratification with darker skin folks. But negrophiliac would be racist against fairer skin folk but there is no crime apparently with regard to what goes in the opposite direction which is a negative or lesser treatment of fairer skin folk
Funny world
Well explained