new to the forum

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagg

Hello everyone,
Completed a 2 week course at construction skills college in Stoke on Trent, before xmas. Am now in Plymouth looking for an experienced plasterers to teach me more. I have my own van and tools, the only snag being i am in the armed forces so my free time is evenings and weekends. Am willing to work for a pittance as long as i'm learning. Anyone requiring slave labour contact me through the forum.

Hi Tagg . why are you leaving the mob if you dont mind me asking ,why plastering and what was your 2 week course at stoke collage like ie what did they teach you .

Hello Beader, Time was served (27 yrs), although they have given me another 3 yrs! I combined a plastering and tiling course as i have been ripped off a few times in the past, as i am a keen DIY'er i thought it was a natural choice for setting up my own business when i left.
The course itself was very good, the teacher was excellent and i will be going back up when i leave the mob again. We covered 2 coat skimm, dot/dab, setting out and cutting boards, repairs to walls and ceilings, pricing jobs, we only touched on rendering which is a shame as i've been asked to do some and to be honest i'm not going to go in and try to cuff it. It was basic stuff thats why i want to get more experience with a plasterer with a few years experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.