New to site, thought i'd say hello

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnr

Hi All, new to this site so thought id say hello and introduce myself, My names John, About 3 months ago i finished college doing my diploma level 1 and 2 which took me nearly 3 years to complete. As a 39 year old and worked in factories and warehouse environments i decided i needed a change of career. I always admired the hard work and skill of plasterers and so decided that was the career for me. During the courses i always enjoyed the hard work and constantly tried to get better results at each attempt. Ive done quite a lot of skimming on my own property including friends and family and can see the improvement at every attempt. I now have my red trainee cscs card and am looking for a way into the trade as a labourer/improver but finding it difficult to find someone locally who will give me a chance. I have my own tools and transport and can guarantee hard work, reliability, honesty and common sense. I would like to start my own buisness in the trade in the future but realise i need to gain more experience working alongside a more seasoned pro. any advice,comments would be welcome. Thanks John

Welcome mate , when u mentioned about starting for ur self after u know the crack .... Dont be telling future employers that as they wont employ you because they will train u then ur competition if that helps at all !

Hi CTPlastering. You have a very good point there. I was thinking though maybe i could also pass some work back to them. I think getting the work once experienced would be one of my strong points.

Welcome. Y plastering. There is no money in it the rates are s**t. Has anyone told u this. But fair play to u trying to better your slef.

I worked in factories and warehouses most my life clemo and although stability was a good factor. The pay was also bad and it bored the absolute crap out of me. Just felt like i needed a change, and being a hands on type of person and wanting to learn a difficult skill to master, that what i chose. Ive met some great lads and gained altot of confidence in having a go at anything so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.