New to liquid floor screeds

Members online

Jerseyboy

hello all
I've done sand and cement screeding along with plastering but have never tried liquid screeds.
Am thinking of getting into it and would consider buying a pump.
Could any one give me advice and info regarding doing this
Thanks

hello all
I've done sand and cement screeding along with plastering but have never tried liquid screeds.
Thanks

Hi mate, if you want to pop over and see one our jobs in action your more than welcome

hello all
Thanks
I'm the same mate
Me and a mate are starting up another company supplying and fitting these screeds
It a lot easier than plastering that's for sure!!!

I'm the same mate
Me and a mate are starting up another company supplying and fitting these screeds
It a lot easier than plastering that's for sure!!!

there is a firm in norfolk that lays the celotex insulation, the underfloor heating then the liquid screed all house completed in one day.

there is a firm in norfolk that lays the celotex insulation, the underfloor heating then the liquid screed all house completed in one day.
I see no issues with it, piece of cake if you got the right man on the job.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There's loads of them at it now offering that full system, many of them working national, meaning there isn't the earning potential as there was a few years back.

I see no issues with it, piece of cake if you got the right man on the job.

there is no problem with it. it is just what the firm offers, it moves the job along, insulation, under floor heating and screed all laid in one day.

There's loads of them at it now offering that full system, many of them working national, meaning there isn't the earning potential as there was a few years back.

my local plumber wanted to put his own under floor heating in his own house, with us laying the screed but we could not touch the coms. quote for complete works.

there is no problem with it. it is just what the firm offers, it moves the job along, insulation, under floor heating and screed all laid in one day.
I had 40m² pumped in last week, took half an hour from start to finish, they were there for an hour and a half washing the machine down and having a chat and a brew. Not a bad earner really, guy only said that suppliers can mess you about with delivery slots

I had a quote for 40m² for the full works, 10k+vat - customer nearly hit the floor, managed it to get it done for 4k. Plus they had 17 pages of demands from lightning to toilet facilities and h&s.

I had 40m² pumped in last week, took half an hour from start to finish, they were there for an hour and a half washing the machine down and having a chat and a brew. Not a bad earner really, guy only said that suppliers can mess you about with delivery slots

sounds good to me that mate

sounds good to me that mate
Yes, piece of piss, guy said never goes back on the tools. He's had a tidy machine and a fairly recent van as well so must be doing ok. He said up to 40-50m² liquid screed is dearer or same price compared to traditional but anything above that the liquid is more competitive

I had a quote for 40m² for the full works, 10k+vat - customer nearly hit the floor, managed it to get it done for 4k. Plus they had 17 pages of demands from lightning to toilet facilities and h&s.

Is that for the insulation & membrane works also?
Seems pricey that!!

Thats the issue we occasionally have - its the suppliers and their time slots of delivery. When they are late its a struggle to get a sorry, if you have any delays they love slapping the charges on!

You want a diesel machine for liquid screeds for the volume,

We used to do a lot of flo screed, but the arse has fallen out of it big time, the rates are dreadfull now,they've halved since we were doing it in 2008 and we did a lot 1000s of metres a year. there's so many doing it, and big boys cover huge areas, and swallow it up. You might get the odd domestic at a decent rate but I dont take it on now or even sub it out now it's not worth it. The way to go it is full insulation and set up of underfloor system as a whole.

in the netherlands they stopped screeding about 20 years ago, it is all flowscreed .
the insurance co. had to pay out to often for back injuries to floor screeders, they said that floor screeding was to manual work.

they do have some good ideas with insurance, all the building workers are stopped a few pounds every week and you can claim if you get injured and for bad weather when the temp falls below freezing you receive the basic wage. all of the dutch workforce are direct employed, they do not understand our method of self employment just do one job and move on and this stupid method of someone under cutting some one else.

there is a labour holiday in august for 2 weeks split between 3 areas of the country, so the customer knows that he will not be getting any work done in august.

they have a fixed price for housing work and another for commercial. the choice the builder has is the starting date.
with a high tax rate about 40% there is a large black market .

in the netherlands they stopped screeding about 20 years ago, it is all flowscreed .
the insurance co. had to pay out to often for back injuries to floor screeders, they said that floor screeding was to manual work.

they do have some good ideas with insurance, all the building workers are stopped a few pounds every week and you can claim if you get injured and for bad weather when the temp falls below freezing you receive the basic wage. all of the dutch workforce are direct employed, they do not understand our method of self employment just do one job and move on and this stupid method of someone under cutting some one else.

there is a labour holiday in august for 2 weeks split between 3 areas of the country, so the customer knows that he will not be getting any work done in august.

they have a fixed price for housing work and another for commercial. the choice the builder has is the starting date.
with a high tax rate about 40% there is a large black market .
By the sound of it I shall move to Holland

That's the way to go to make money at it.
Nah, that's gone the same way mate, their laying insulation and pipes for buttons now. It's to easy for the client to go online, bang the same email out to half a dozen national installers with a single drawing of the floor plan.

We have a brand new GB-Flowman arriving into stock soon, we also have a used Lancy TB20 available if thats of interest to you.

I can email you the spec and a quote on both
Am gona have a look at the m2 rates which are being charged here.
There is only two firms doing it here and one firm that does most s+c screeds.

What sort of work you do over there mostly?

as i live 8 miles from harwich i can catch the ferry at 9 pm and be in rotterdam for 6. 30 am.
rotterdam is growing at such a rate that the work is self generating.
the type of work is internals at rotterdam univ. blocks of shops with housing over them for the shop owners. ewi on tower blocks. housing, as they use self finishing plasters a 4 bed house can be completed in a day with a team of 3. fit beads , float as required and skim.
as i am part of a large family of plasterers we can put a workforce of 10 on a site if required.

as i live 8 miles from harwich i can catch the ferry at 9 pm and be in rotterdam for 6. 30 am.
rotterdam is growing at such a rate that the work is self generating.
the type of work is internals at rotterdam univ. blocks of shops with housing over them for the shop owners. ewi on tower blocks. housing, as they use self finishing plasters a 4 bed house can be completed in a day with a team of 3. fit beads , float as required and skim.
as i am part of a large family of plasterers we can put a workforce of 10 on a site if required.
I love overnight ferries with the crappy entertainment lol
Are you working as a foreign company there or had to get registered there ?

I love overnight ferries with the crappy entertainment lol
Are you working as a foreign company there or had to get registered there ?

you have to show that you will pay tax in an eec country. that is an advantage as our tax rate is about half of the dutch rate. for the best combination you need a belgium address and work in germany. highest wages, lowest tax rate.

Holland are 50/50 liquid /traditional , they have laws set that they can only lay 75m2 each per day, all commercial work will generally be liquid. They have a lot of competition and when I was there last week the guvner was only getting 9 euro's m2 to supply and lay. The more competition in uk the worse the prices will get.

Holland are 50/50 liquid /traditional , they have laws set that they can only lay 75m2 each per day, all commercial work will generally be liquid. They have a lot of competition and when I was there last week the guvner was only getting 9 euro's m2 to supply and lay. The more competition in uk the worse the prices will get.
That's crap rates for screed.
Ur right tho the more at it means less money.
Have you ever done liquid screeds