New plasterboard, breaks and paper tears from installation

Scotiansailor

Hello, total newbie to plastering here… cannot find a professional to do the job where we live, so left to do the entire house myself with the help of forums and youtube. New build, my husband is putting up the plasterboard, I’m coming in behind him to do the taping and filling. I understand I should seal the paper and gypsum where it’s been damaged before filling any areas with mud prior to taping? I’ve read Gardz is good, but I already have SBR and Aquaseal Tanking primer on hand from doing the bathroom, seems to me either could do the same job as Gardz? Anyone have any advice on this? Thank you :) Laura

'I’m coming in behind him to do the taping and filling'

christian bale gif.gif

Here’s a couple of photos of the damage. He’s already filled some of the worst ones as he went, just blobbed in large amounts of ready mixed (‘Make Good’ brand). Should i worry about those spots too, perhaps take out repairs and make sure it’s properly sealed so it doesnt bubble and/or crack? Thanks :)

Attachments

• 1F91EA84-8E3E-4129-A2E6-8FB268277595.jpeg
    1F91EA84-8E3E-4129-A2E6-8FB268277595.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 166
  • B80BAE8F-94DF-4142-907B-46B35841EBC9.jpeg
    B80BAE8F-94DF-4142-907B-46B35841EBC9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 149
Here’s a couple of photos of the damage. He’s already filled some of the worst ones as he went, just blobbed in large amounts of ready mixed (‘Make Good’ brand). Should i worry about those spots too, perhaps take out repairs and make sure it’s properly sealed so it doesnt bubble and/or crack? Thanks :)
Ye need a better husband :musculoso:

You should be using tapered edge plasterboards for taping & jointing. You’ll end up with a bump at every joint which will be exaggerated under certain lighting conditions. You should feather your joints out even further because of this. I suggest you visit YouTube for a few tips. Good luck.