Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!
Thought I join up and see if I can learn a thing or two about pricing.Been at the game 30 years now.Sitework is getting harder and prices such that you have to kill yourself to make a half decent wage. Im getting £2.65 a metre walls and ceilings in Midlands.Is that a fair price thesedays or???

Welcome to the forum mate :)

I think thats been the norm for a while now... it still sucks though.

You must be knackered after 30 years :)

Danny

lol the chap im on for reckons he gets 9 perm f+s yet can pay me 6.50, must get a cracking deal on the kit lol

Im starting to think its time to throw the trowels in the skip and get a proper job! Housebashing really takes it out of me thesedays.Not working on site at the mo.

Same here mate if the prices aren't s**t enough we have to deal with pricks all looking for promotion

I got told not to walk around with an unlit fag in my mouth today apparently 'it doesn't look very good'

You need a fag to deal with the despair! Was skimming a stairwell today off an Oxford landing,you know those contraptions that are so tight to the wall that you cant skim the bloody wall!

yeah there common place nowadays lol im doing staircases to mate on the top lift it looks like theyve put 2 poles one end and the rest all against one wall great

Yeah, its the old Health and safety again.Those things are great for standing on but useless for working on. I sometimes lock the door and use a ladder and plank!

I got told not to walk around with an unlit fag in my mouth today apparently 'it doesn't look very good'
'improving the image of construction'..
try walking round with a clipboard and a giant plastic cock glued to your hard hat mate... theres a way round everything innit.. :RpS_blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.