new member,love the old skool methods

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilharbs

hi everyone,new too the forum and just starting posting tonite.been plastering on and off for approx 10 years now.i dont do any site work,but all domestic work.clean and tidy is the only way too go.working in carpeted rooms is the norm so have too take utmost care all the time.bit of a pain but the clients appreciate it,and get me back in year after year.i also do all my own chippying work and decorating work.it keeps me busy year round so im thankful for that.love a bit of plastering though,and fighting with a bit of washed sharp with waterproofer is a challenge but sorts the men from the boys.anyway nice too meet y'all.mart.

hi mate,i live just outside uxbridge now,classed as middlesex.from beaconsfield in bucks originally.most of my work is fairly local in bucks,travel into london very occasionally and up oxford way just as much.started off with a general builder originally who really knew his stuff from running big sites,so passed his knowledge onto me.he used to buy a lot of houses up that were in a sh*t state then we would do them up and split them into rooms and have them as houses of multiple occupancy.most were in slough and were 9inch solic construction so plenty of practice doing the old school methods of everything.been self employed for approx 7yrs and building up a good client base and workload by reccomendation alone.

oh yeah......i get it.yawn!! i can see i've set spunky off already,that must be a record.just being familiar thats all.showing off,no.let my work do the talking,im sure im not on par with many a plasterer in meterage or other things.because according too many people they are singularly the fastest and best at everything.just like being on a site really.:RpS_laugh:.

i always tape down a tarp or plastic sheeting to the skirting then dust sheet over the top.i understand your concern though mate.

hi mate,yep holmer green isnt that far away from where im workin this coming week actually.not sure where sipson is though.there are lots of small villages out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.