New k rend

Zeotec

Hi I'm looking for advice on some wet patches underneath the front window sill. I had the k rend installed six months ago during the summer months and it dried out leaving no marks. Since we have had rain these marks have appeared and hasn't gone away during dry spells any advice would be helpful. Thank you

Attachments

• 20221222_095201.jpg
    20221222_095201.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 138
Have you asked the person that rendered it ? It's alright saying dry spell, it will need to be dry for a fair few consecutive days for it to dry back out, plus its not warm temps, if its does eventually dry out I'd seal it

The company who did the render are trying to dodge any involvement saying it's damp inside even though we have no damp inside the house whatsoever.

Hi I'm looking for advice on some wet patches underneath the front window sill. I had the k rend installed six months ago during the summer months and it dried out leaving no marks. Since we have had rain these marks have appeared and hasn't gone away during dry spells any advice would be helpful. Thank you

As the monkey says, but also worth checking is the window, which is a problem encountered before.

Your damp spots look like they might be coming through, (hard to say with 1 image 1 time) as well as possibly cascading water down the front.

Them window casements need to let water drain out (the front), 3 or 4 times I've seen them fully siliconed in and water channelling out to where it shouldn't be. check that aswell.

Have you asked the person that rendered it ? It's alright saying dry spell, it will need to be dry for a fair few consecutive days for it to dry back out, plus its not warm temps, if its does eventually dry out I'd seal it
Water has got behind render you have bleed of sorts from brickwork bed joints ...

As the monkey says, but also worth checking is the window, which is a problem encountered before.

Your damp spots look like they might be coming through, (hard to say with 1 image 1 time) as well as possibly cascading water down the front.

Them window casements need to let water drain out (the front), 3 or 4 times I've seen them fully siliconed in and water channelling out to where it shouldn't be. check that aswell.
No cars park anywhere near here. The windows were installed weeks before the render and seem to drain fine from the front into the stone sill. It seems strange that it looks in the shape of a brick and only occurs under this window and nowhere else right round the side and back if the property

No cars park anywhere near here. The windows were installed weeks before the render and seem to drain fine from the front into the stone sill. It seems strange that it looks in the shape of a brick and only occurs under this window and nowhere else right round the side and back if the property
It's probably running down under the cill and getting behind

Thanks for your help would you recommend running a sealant under the window sill
No would rather create a drip stop somehow
Grind one in which will be a mess or attach something to it
Better off putting a neat bead of charcoal coloured silicone under the cill to prevent water getting back to the wall that way you can see if it shows up that to be the underlying cause and it will not catch your eye if done neat.
Still would not think that to be a satisfying solution just a temporary test.

Has the cill got a drip groove?
Those cills were designed comfortably for brickwork and not planned for render to be added to wall thickness negating the drip groove. Look how the render sticks out around the lintel - house was well thought out when built and not designed to be rendered.
If the drip groove is working satisfactorily then ignore everything I said :D

and anuver fing,… is it to do with that co ax cable nailed in under cill carrying water along BT SKY engineers plant cables and run with no regard to property.

Last edited:
That's great advice im guessing there probably isn't a drip groove in these cills and a pretty easy thing to install and no harm in giving it a go ..thank you