New here! Hi all. DIYer. Advice post flooding.

Members online

khamilton007

Hi all,

I'm new to the site.

Just looking some advice.

Unfortunately my house flooded in December due to a water leak in the attic. All ceilings had to be take down.

The house is now dry and most walls are fine. However, my question is... How do plasterers join an already plastered wall to a new plasterboard and skimmed ceilings?

Will there be a large step or noticeable marking on the wall where the new plaster will be?

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new to the site.

Unfortunately my house flooded in December due to a water leak in the attic. All ceilings had to be take down.

The house is now dry and most walls are fine. However, my question is... How do plasterers join an already plastered wall to a new plasterboard and skimmed ceilings?

Will there be a large step or noticeable marking on the wall where the new plaster will be?

Thanks
Yes

Hi all,

I'm new to the site.

Thanks
This Is The End Reaction GIF

Hi buddy

You can see you are not going to get a sensible answer this this question….
Reason being - get a good, experienced, time served plasterer, take there advise, and there will not be anything but a square edge with new to old plaster….

Ceilings get reskimmed, or the artex on old ceilings gets over skimmed, all the time… a quality plasterer does this regularly!

If the existing wall is poor, either get the whole room plastered or consider cornice - again, get someone experienced to fit and joint that too…

Sorry to hear about the flood!!! Where are you based? Maybe a better question is to ask for some local contacts to come quote and do the work….

Good luck

Hi all,

I'm new to the site.

Thanks

No. Ceiling will get skimmed. Run a bead of caulk round after.