New here/fireproof plaster suggestions

Rhamill

New to the forum, lurked for a bit but you lot seem alright. Rhys, 24, Plasterer from Cambridge, 4 inches on a cold day, Nice to meet you all.

Got a job coming up, customer wants the surrounding area of his log burner skimmed with that fireproof plaster crap that sets after about 12 hours. The plasterer that done it before used fireproof and it’s cracked, hence why it’s getting re done. Anyone got any suggestions for what else could be done without S/C (not enough on beam, which he wants kept exposed as possible.) or do you reckon, scrape loose plaster, SBR and PVA the wall and skim it would do the job?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Much thanking.

Tut tut......I expect the client has been having fires in his wood burner hasn’t he?.......pfft....he,should know better.

New to the forum, lurked for a bit but you lot seem alright. Rhys, 24, Plasterer from Cambridge, 4 inches on a cold day, Nice to meet you all.

Got a job coming up, customer wants the surrounding area of his log burner skimmed with that fireproof plaster crap that sets after about 12 hours. The plasterer that done it before used fireproof and it’s cracked, hence why it’s getting re done. Anyone got any suggestions for what else could be done without S/C (not enough on beam, which he wants kept exposed as possible.) or do you reckon, scrape loose plaster, SBR and PVA the wall and skim it would do the job?

I am in the same boat as well.. I am looking at cement board screwed to the blockwork and painted :D

Welcome to the forum by the way :D

Welcome to the forum by the way :D
Cheers mate, yeah I don’t really know what to do in this case. Cause he wants his beam left so I may just have to use the precious fireproof plaster. Although it’s made by Sika, is prone to cracking regardless of its supposed fireproof qualities.

Cheers mate, yeah I don’t really know what to do in this case. Cause he wants his beam left so I may just have to use the precious fireproof plaster. Although it’s made by Sika, is prone to cracking regardless of its supposed fireproof qualities.

is it heatproof or fireproof? As they are quite different