New board, old board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dai dog

Now I know old boards suck, but what happened a couple of days ago took the biscuit. So I told him I'll have to bill him a bit more for pva everywhere and doing that wall again, he's cool though! (It's new build, but been going on a while!) this is the most extreme example I've seen! Anyone else had experiences?

Wall

Said wall

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 278
I have to deal with this problem a lot on different back grounds paint/bonding etc. deal with it!!

I have to deal with this problem a lot on different back grounds paint/bonding etc. deal with it!!

It's not different backgrounds pal, it's all board, the whole F*****g house! So how do I deal with that? Pre empt the fact some may go off quicker than others & bond those? Impossible.

Had this before on a barn conversion where the joiner had mixed old boards with new. Just pva rest of boards before skimming and you'll be fine.

Ask the question mate if you go to look at jobs an it's plaster boarded ask the question how long they been on etc have they absorbed moisture if so your gonna struggle pric the c**t for bonding agent an any extra time it may take you have to tell them the script your the plasterer

Stuart, that's what we're doing pal! That's good advise! Why this forum is here, instead of some moronic (deal with it! ****.) helps no one!
Personally I'd get the client to betterkontact it all or equivalent ,that way your get an even suction all over

Every job is different though, you need to think every time before banging walls on. Partially your own fault but not completely,

Had it once before on a house the boards had gone yellow put bathroom ceiling on went off like a bullet so pva'd everything from there on still went a bit quicker than usual though just cut gauge size down a bit to compensate it

The main thing for you dai is learn from it , too late now but future reference any sign of age on boards price for treatment and extra time , hopefully it only costs you your bonus money:RpS_thumbup:

Every job is different though, you need to think every time before banging walls on. Partially your own fault but not completely,

I sort of agree with you john, but there were no signs of discolouration etc, and the customer still insists all the boarding was done at the same time. So there was nothing to shout out any problems! I've had this problem loads before, & can always trowell up, just means moving a bit quicker! But on this occasion, it went off in front of you're eyes! I can't emphasise it enough, so will do that wall again, we were 90% done skimming the house at that point! & had no problems up till that point! Just one of those things I guess!

Yeah, the betakontakt would be best as superspread said. Then, if neccessary, a tight coat of bonding right round the room would definitely put you back in control :RpS_thumbup:

Ive used stabilising solution on right old board work and had mucho good results:RpS_thumbup:

I sort of agree with you john, but there were no signs of discolouration etc, and the customer still insists all the boarding was done at the same time. So there was nothing to shout out any problems! I've had this problem loads before, & can always trowell up, just means moving a bit quicker! But on this occasion, it went off in front of you're eyes! I can't emphasise it enough, so will do that wall again, we were 90% done skimming the house at that point! & had no problems up till that point! Just one of those things I guess!
We all have had this sort of thing, it happens though people will still blame us,everyday a school day

Status
Not open for further replies.