New addition............

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHLPlaster

Just bought myself the 1200 speedskim can't wait to use it, hope it's as good as it sounds! Any advice guys? And don't say get a refund! :glare:

Army

Scotty at speedskim must be rakin it in??????

The forums went speedie mad...everyone is getting one recently:RpS_w00t:

Crack on mate...... its like marmite:RpS_thumbup:

I used mine again today for 2nd/3rd time since gee=tting last week and I honestly have know idea yet if I like it or don't like...need it or don't need it!!!!

Hope that:RpS_confused: helps lol

I used mine again today for 2nd/3rd time since gee=tting last week and I honestly have know idea yet if I like it or don't like...need it or don't need it!!!!

Hope that:RpS_confused: helps lol

Haaha aha zombie just what I wanted to here, I have some big walls coming up so I'm hoping it's gonna help me out! :glare:

1200 is huge :)

it is like marmite i like it for certain jobs and use it more often than I don't :)

Takes a bit of getting use to though so dont give up on it :)

I wonder how many have been sold, and how many to forum members. Is it cheeky to ask?

How many have you sold Scott @Speedskim ?
And what colour pants are you wearing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its great for big hits where the ceiling or walls are flat, also good as a Darby where walls need filling at times, only use it for first coat on big flat walls/ ceilings my self

used mine today on a kitchen re-furb...you know them walls which are a mix of paint/plaster/tileadhesive,artex,brickwork and chases all in 1 m2 lol...

I do a first coat mix of 50/50 bonding/multi was brilliant at flattening that off when would have normaly teared on the high point and pulled on the deep areas today...

what I have found though if im to be totally honest is that im using it but then still touching my walls same amout of times as normal afterwards which kind of seems a waste of time ...

I think brilliant for quickly flattening first coats off whilst still wet so can jump on 2nd coat sooner...Cant make my mind up at moment about using it on 2nd coat...

dunno???:RpS_unsure::RpS_thumbup:

had to go behind somone on a job that used one and customer wasnt happy with what they done was all wavey lol guess he didnt know how to use it

Bg multi is nasty ****. It tiger stripes for no know reasone. Seen it on everyones work no matter how good they are.

@currier is right. I use mpfinish as much as I can now. When u get in to it u won't go back to multi.

i just dont think that multi is as good as other bg plasters were , i can see why they made a all in one plaster tottally makes sense , but its not as good as when they made a plasters for a certain background.

I never use bg multi it's awful in my opinion get a much better and flatter Finnish using board Finnish, use it on reskims, floating the lot! :RpS_biggrin:

haha typed in bad plastering on google images trying to find a pic of stripes and who do i see third row down our very own @JessThePlasterer theres a nice bit of advertisement for ya girl haha

Last edited by a moderator:
plaster2.jpg

found this one this wall had all sorts of problems goin on but in the top right hand corner is some tiger stripes above the socket up to the corner they might look faint but they will show through like a mother when its painted, although on this particular wall i think the stripes are the least of there worries haha

You haven't seen everyone's work I don't have any problems with the gear.

Everyones work that I have seen in the past few years have had these at some point in a job. They are highlighted in certain lighting conditions and not always visable at first. Some of the older chaps that work with us have only be getting these issues in the past 5 years so its definatly a issue with the plaster formulation.

Same guys no issues with mp finish or bg spray.

Your forgetting that your special so have no issues like there rest of us mere mortals

I wonder how many have been sold, and how many to forum members. Is it cheeky to ask?

How many have you sold Scott @Speedskim ?
And what colour pants are you wearing?

Hi Oli

We've sold approx 11,000 units so far..

The 1200mm used to be most popular line. That has shifted over the last year and now our most popular product line by far, is the 600mm/1200mm/Pole attachment PRO set. The 1200mm takes care of medium and even larger size areas, and the 600mm is great for smaller areas including hallways, staircases & bathrooms etc. As a set together they are very versatile.

Close behind and becoming very popular is our full set (600mm/1200mm/1800mm/Pole attachment PRO set) For those who do big areas it seems to be ticking the box. The 1800mm is great for skim coat walls and ceilings - it only weighs 1.5kg so can be used comfortably with the pole attachment :RpS_thumbup: . Its also great for ruling off backing plasters, leaves the plaster closed in nicely.

Pants are black - Marks & Spencer's (the luxury ones)..

Everyones work that I have seen in the past few years have had these at some point in a job. They are highlighted in certain lighting conditions and not always visable at first. Some of the older chaps that work with us have only be getting these issues in the past 5 years so its definatly a issue with the plaster formulation.

Same guys no issues with mp finish or bg spray.

Your forgetting that your special so have no issues like there rest of us mere mortals
Grow up you big baby I've got buckets older than you I'm not special just a bit older and wiser. Your on here all the time moaning about your finish and getting snagged to **** and it's never your fault it's either the agent on the job the gear and now me, get a grip maybe start working with different spreads it may improve your work.

Ok special one. How can the same guys have no issues with a different product from the same company?

Grow up you big baby I've got buckets older than you I'm not special just a bit older and wiser. Your on here all the time moaning about your finish and getting snagged to **** and it's never your fault it's either the agent on the job the gear and now me, get a grip maybe start working with different spreads it may improve your work.

Oh and for the record there is nothing wrong with our finish and we are getting issues with agent walking around with lighting. If you were being unfairly treated and owed 19 k i reckon you would be a little done in. we have guys that are 60+ working so does that mean they are older and wiser then you?

Oh and for the record there is nothing wrong with our finish and we are getting issues with agent walking around with lighting. If you were being unfairly treated and owed 19 k i reckon you would be a little done in. we have guys that are 60+ working so does that mean they are older and wiser then you?
Oh dear how did you get in so deep sounds like a lot of money for a couple of tiger stripes maybe it's the fact you have guys who are 60+ you do know your standards and eye sight has got to get worse eventually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.