Nela s*p*r*lex

Status
Not open for further replies.

loky11

Hi guys, right i know theres a few posts on this and i bet a fair few of you are sick of hearing about it but is the nela s*p*r*lex worth getting? I have the premium but know this isnt really for finishing.

I got one and havnt looked back since,£40ish quid so it's not the end of the world if you don't get on with it,when used right it's great,read through some of the other posts and find out how to get the most out of it.:RpS_thumbup:

I love mine get a mint finish but here's what to do now don't bite my fckin head off
Scratch on with normal trowel lay in with normal trowel then first trowel with normal trowel
Then from there on nela s*p*r*lex I've not looked back this system works for me

I love mine get a mint finish but here's what to do now don't bite my fckin head off
Scratch on with normal trowel lay in with normal trowel then first trowel with normal trowel

This is my system also except i polish it 10 mins or so earlier with a refina foam back plazi [emoji39]

Same as me pretty much,sometimes flatten with a speedskim though:RpS_thumbup:

Very good trowel, only used it twice and the end result is smooth as f***. I used 1 stop plaster shop came next day. I would also recommended a eze spat for in between coats

Same as me pretty much,sometimes flatten with a speedskim though:RpS_thumbup:

Bought a speedskim this week. What a load of shite it is. My mate bought a refina same day, speedskim isn't a patch on it. Horrible lines and doesn't touch any imperfections.

Pretty gutted to be fair. I want to love it but i cant see it happening.

I was same as you thebearbeef at first but kept using it and got used to it now awesome on big walls when still wet. Need to round the corners tho.

Yeah i rounded them and tried to rub them down a bit. Ill stick with it for a bit but i cant see it changing my mind. I reckon the 1200 is to wide full stop? Maybe a 600 would be "the one"

There german aren't they? As far as im aware only p1ss import them but a company called gypsum tools do them and i can vouch for there service. Second to none. Haven't used p1ss to comment on theres but others seem happy with them

Bought a speedskim this week. What a load of shite it is. My mate bought a refina same day, speedskim isn't a patch on it. Horrible lines and doesn't touch any imperfections.

bend the corners up on it,make sure it's room temp and not cold as may snap,don't be afraid to use preasure on it and use the grooves in the blade,they disturb the surface and help fill in any hollows.you may not get on with it but worth persevering,I mainly do domestics and have been using the 600mm just to flatten both coats and have some good results,I have the 1200 also but it seems more suited to board work.:RpS_thumbup:

Stick with the speedskim. Just get on it straight away for the flatten. Wetter the better. I bought a refina supaflex a couple of weeks ago and it's beautiful to trowel up with.

I use my Nela SF (11") for putting it on as well, speedskim between coats. Just done some artexed ceilings like that then flatten with speedskim. Used the SF without water for both trowels and then a quick polish - job done :RpS_thumbup:
You catch it right and it's a doddle.

bend the corners up on it,make sure it's room temp and not cold as may snap,don't be afraid to use preasure on it and use the grooves in the blade,they disturb the surface and help fill in any hollows.you may not get on with it but worth persevering,I mainly do domestics and have been using the 600mm just to flatten both coats and have some good results,I have the 1200 also but it seems more suited to board work.:RpS_thumbup:

Bent the corners up on mine (1200) today, helped loads. Still leaves lines on the lids but was excellent on walls. Assume thats down to me not being used to it though so my minds changings slowly. Pretty tempted to get a 600 for lids as i reckon it'd be better.

Good advice though [emoji106]

Bent the corners up on mine (1200) today, helped loads. Still leaves lines on the lids but was excellent on walls. Assume thats down to me not being used to it though so my minds changings slowly. Pretty tempted to get a 600 for lids as i reckon it'd be better.

Good advice though [emoji106]
That's good to hear,I think it is just practice with the 1200 im still not great with it on lids but they deffo work as im sure @scottie5 uses an 1800 on lids:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.