NELA s*p*r*lex Trowels - Reviews Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Trowels have been sent out to the following:
@Olican - @DannyMac - @essexandy - @cooptaza - @Curry - @thebigfella

We feel that this a good mix of guys who have used competitors and also guys who have never used one. This way we can get a review on the comparison and also the performance for guys who have never used them.

Please note that the trowel is different to it competitors, try it, test and see how it works for you. It will be slightly different to what you are used to.

Thanks a lot, look forward to hearing from you all.

Also, the price of these trowels will be less than £25.00 (not inc Vat) This doesn't affect the quality at all, it has been entered into the market at a competitive price.

Cheers fella got a 16" coming and will give a full review and pictures don't think my budget can stretch to a video but we will see :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bugger. Missed it..
I used to have a trowel that was very flexible unfortunately it split.

Local MKM has small MT trowels in for roughly the same price, I doubt I'll buy a Nela as I like to get the feel of them first. Though I do prefer a narrower trowel.

Get a Refina :RpS_thumbup:
@Marshy, appreciate you like the Refina, the NELA is manufactured to a better quality. The manufacturers of the Refina Trowels in Germany have recently been in touch with NELA asking to buy there products.... Makes a big statement. NELA have chosen not to work with them and only support us in the UK.

NELA, originally had the first s*p*r*lex Trowel in the market in Germany, quite a while before Refina's manufacturer. This is where they got the idea from.

I will soon have a History to the NELA Trowel to show you guys, makes some interesting reading.

Hi,

Unfortunately we have just ran out of stock on the s*p*r*lex and 14" Premium Trowels, they will be back in stock within the week,

I will let you know when they are available

let me kno too pls, the fella i work with was impressed with the premium trowels and the flexi, also interested in them plastic trowels, they ny good?

@Marshy, appreciate you like the Refina, the NELA is manufactured to a better quality. The manufacturers of the Refina Trowels in Germany have recently been in touch with NELA asking to buy there products.... Makes a big statement. NELA have chosen not to work with them and only support us in the UK.

NELA, originally had the first s*p*r*lex Trowel in the market in Germany, quite a while before Refina's manufacturer. This is where they got the idea from.

I will soon have a History to the NELA Trowel to show you guys, makes some interesting reading.

I will look forward to that Ryan, also may I say how brilliant the eze spat with pole attachment spanky bought off you. It eclipsed the speedskim and came into its own doing "that" ceiling in France! Credit where credit is due mate in fact I will be in touch to order one myself as it was brilliant!! :RpS_thumbup:

Awesome, cheers mate.

Let me know when you place the order, will also sort a deal on the NELA if it of interest to you. We really do believe in these trowels!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Suppose i better do a quick review while i rember.
think the gr8 the fella i work with agrees
think best results are to two coat as normal with your usual trowel, if the walls/ceilings are nice and flat ny way u can get trowel once and flexi trowel once or twice after (the second tends to polish) if the walls/ceilings are fairly uneven and needs filling with u want two trowels and one flexi trowel. (Flexi really brings out a beautiful finish.) Reason for this is because the flexi flattens but cannot fill little dips and hollows
u can use the flexi before your first trowel to flatten and take out lines and doing so tends to give u more time with the finish, seems to draw the water to the surface.
The flexi also comes in handy when someone asks you to "just skim it" when really it needs a couple of bags of bonding/hardwall because the flexi will just flatten the skim to a mil or two ready for a easy trowel wheres nomally u would try to trowel it every different way and struggle to make some sort of shape to things
the flexi is effortless to use, and can b used with or without water. I d say this tool would b great for someone who trys to do a bit of plastering but struggles to get a gd finish as this flexi is so effortless to use and anyone could get a gd finish with it, as i sed it just dosents fill any dips so thry would still have to go over their with a little filler

Suppose i better do a quick review while i rember.
think the gr8 the fella i work with agrees
think best results are to two coat as normal with your usual trowel, if the walls/ceilings are nice and flat ny way u can get trowel once and flexi trowel once or twice after (the second tends to polish) if the walls/ceilings are fairly uneven and needs filling with u want two trowels and one flexi trowel. (Flexi really brings out a beautiful finish.) Reason for this is because the flexi flattens but cannot fill little dips and hollows
u can use the flexi before your first trowel to flatten and take out lines and doing so tends to give u more time with the finish, seems to draw the water to the surface.
The flexi also comes in handy when someone asks you to "just skim it" when really it needs a couple of bags of bonding/hardwall because the flexi will just flatten the skim to a mil or two ready for a easy trowel wheres nomally u would try to trowel it every different way and struggle to make some sort of shape to things
the flexi is effortless to use, and can b used with or without water. I d say this tool would b great for someone who trys to do a bit of plastering but struggles to get a gd finish as this flexi is so effortless to use and anyone could get a gd finish with it, as i sed it just dosents fill any dips so thry would still have to go over their with a little filler
Almost satirical FinnFinn

i thought refina got there plastic trowel idea from a mickey mouser who had thought of it

Awesome, cheers mate.

Let me know when you place the order, will also sort a deal on the NELA if it of interest to you. We really do believe in these trowels!

Thanks Ryan but I had a go with Bens Nela (not s*p*r*lex) and I don't like the feel of it at all?? I know you asked if I'd used it? But I thought it best not to say anything as you were sending them / just sent them out to the lads awaiting feedback and I felt not fair I stick my oar in??

That's fair enough mate. Appreciate that. We understand there not for everybody, just like MT, Refina and other manufactures. Each to there own. With over 200 now sold it is the first time i have heard someone doesn't like the feel of it. If you have any suggestions of how it can be improved we would like the fb. Cheers

That's fair enough mate. Appreciate that. We understand there not for everybody, just like MT, Refina and other manufactures. Each to there own. With over 200 now sold it is the first time i have heard someone doesn't like the feel of it. If you have any suggestions of how it can be improved we would like the fb. Cheers

Thank you Ryan I'm not saying its a bad trowel it just didn't feel right for me? I don't like tyzack either?? Each to their own hence I kept out of it. But as for the eze spat!! That is fantastic piece of kit!! Very very impressed and I don't make such statements willy nilly lol will be in touch over sizes etc and will be ordering over weekend at latest (missus birthday tomorrow gonna bleed me dry) :RpS_crying:

Thanks Ryan but I had a go with Bens Nela (not s*p*r*lex) and I don't like the feel of it at all?? I know you asked if I'd used it? But I thought it best not to say anything as you were sending them / just sent them out to the lads awaiting feedback and I felt not fair I stick my oar in??

i thought refina got there plastic trowel idea from a mickey mouser who had thought of it

Correct the guy i buy mine from direct. Been selling them to scousers for years

Status
Not open for further replies.