Nela and Refina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not what im saying at all. It makes no difference where it is on the forum. What im jokingly saying is that by the forum being loaded with nela threads if someone - a plasterer- googles nela reviews they find an entire page of links to both the forum/plasterers news and P1SS.....

So in summary, a random plasterer hears of nela trowels. He goes home and googles it.

Staring at him on page 1 is links to both the plasterers forum that he a plasterer might not know of and there sponsors that import/sell them.

Coincidence or clever strategy im not fussed either way. It was just a geeky observation/humour.

The same is with speedsskim makita mixing drills...

It all ranks very well because I am exceptionally good at this :)

Tpf is an exceptionally influential community so chatter is always going to sway to popular topics but also I don't promote work with companies I don't like or feel have the same ethos I do ;-)

I think, and dont bite my head off.. the problem people are getting with Nela, is... anytime someone asks what a particular trowel,spat etc is like.. ( not nela ) it always seems to end up with the same people going on about nela.. I think people find it a bit tiresome .. this is just an outside observation... there does also seem to be random people popping up on here and facebook, asking stupid questions regarding nela... thats also just what I see...

All fair points but trust me we don't plant things.

Craig you mention NELA pops up, that's down to it's popularity. I did notice in a previous thread of yours you mentioned 'surprised no1 has mentioned NELA yet'

NELA does get mentioned a lot. To be honest it's good for me to see it. Would be better if the bickering didn't go on though and people could just answer a question simply and easily instead of completely ruining the thread

As i said it was more of a humorous comment then an accusation... I'm not knocking anyone either way. If i could drum up more business by starting a few threads then i would.

Case closed.

I always try and mention both and when people ask the best advice buy both sell the one you don't like :)

Here's a question for ya.

What makes you say that Nela is a better build quality that Refina? Which part is better and how? I have had refina trowels for years and not an issue with any of them.

I think if these trowels we a little cheaper people would be a bit more forgiving with regards the lifespan of them.. Just bought mine for around £50 which was a tad more than I paid for my faithful mt which after 8 yrs still looks like a baby

I think if these trowels we a little cheaper people would be a bit more forgiving with regards the lifespan of them.. Just bought mine for around £50 which was a tad more than I paid for my faithful mt which after 8 yrs still looks like a baby
Yes,basically ,a six month life span to a max 12 mths for a s*p*r*lex in my opinion, like razor blades they will need constant changing

Just like so called improvements these days just designed to be bought more often.. Like TVs

I bought a Refina super flex from beddy three three yes back.. Still goin strong but haven't really used it much

To be fair my nela didnt fall to bits i did drop it but i'd imagine we've all dropped a mt enough times to know there pretty solid and can handle it.

Suppose u can't have it both ways

I agree mate. Its like the eskimos have fifty words for snow when basically its all the same thing. They see snow differently than others like plasterers see trowels differently.

I agree mate. Its like the eskimos have fifty words for snow when basically its all the same thing. They see snow differently than others like plasterers see trowels differently.
One piece of advice from an old Eskimo I knew ," never drink yellow snow"

All products will go through early teething problems. What I feel shows the strength in not just my company but also NELA is how we both stuck with it and admitted there was a batch issue. It was all resolved and everybody was left happy, there was no cost to the customers. I can guarantee that other manufacturers have had issues but you may see more about NELA due to the shear volume of sales.

There are now over 12000 NELA Trowels on the market and we have had less than 110 of the faulty products. In my eyes that is a very low number and each one of these has been replaced and the customers are now very happy.

The cost of the product is a portion of what the trowel actually earns and does for you to be fair. The cost of the products to ensure they are a good quality is fairly high. Each one is now checked individually and is put together by hand in the factory. You pay for what you get

They are designed with a 0.3mm Stainless Steel FLEXible blade, if you drop it it will bend. There is nothing that can be done to change that. If we made the blade thicker it wouldn't have the same effect.

NELA are a fantastic company to work with and I talk to them at least once a day about progress, new products etc. The owner has a huge interest in his products and has a lot of Pride in what he does. Same as you guys do with your job. The one thing I do know is NELA and ourselves are always looking to improve and will continue to do so. NELA are constantly trying to improve there products and make them the best on the market. That is their overall aim and I am proud to be part of that.

Anyone got a dog called rosco , no meat on his bone, I believe one hundred percent that it's fictional and there have been a few like him,oddly it seems to cause more problems than good publicity , lotsof here believe that fictional people are been put on allthetime to promote products .true or not that is a belief . Maybe it's a 'grassy knoll' story

I like your enthusiasm for it. Must be nice to have a real passion for your business.

I would like to think we all love doing what we do and at the end of the day we do it for the same reason.

I do really have a huge interest/passion in the trade, machines, tools etc and want to succeed. I also want to build NELA and everything I do to have the best name.

If you don't have a passion for what you do its going to make things hard for you. Not on here every night till 10.00 etc for nothing :RpS_thumbup:. I enjoy it and look forward to each day at work!

Anyone got a dog called rosco , no meat on his bone, I believe one hundred percent that it's fictional and there have been a few like him,oddly it seems to cause more problems than good publicity , lotsof here believe that fictional people are been put on allthetime to promote products .true or not that is a belief . Maybe it's a 'grassy knoll' story

I'll be honest, I wasn't really aware of the 'fake accounts' but can assure you we wouldn't ever consider doing this. I know your not saying I am. We know it would cause more harm than good and trust me, I have far too much on to even consider doing this.

I'm pretty sure @Danny can do the relevant checks and find out where the IP address is based or even who the person is

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Refina super flex from beddy three three yes back.. Still goin strong but haven't really used it much

he sold me one as well........................................:RpS_confused:

maybe he's a secret distributor for them.........................:RpS_sneaky:

Did you go from plastering to sales ryan? Thats a genuine question. I know nothing of your past .

I don't know many spreads that look forward to work each day. Many of us like doing a nice job and taking pride in the work but i can't see many looking forward to 2moro

he sold me one as well........................................:RpS_confused:

maybe he's a secret distributor for them.........................:RpS_sneaky:

Got another one in the van if anyone's interested. And a nela.

I'll be honest, I wasn't really aware of the 'fake accounts' but can assure you we wouldn't ever consider doing this. I know your not saying I am. We know it would cause more harm than good and trust me, I have far too much on to even consider doing this.

I'm pretty sure @Danny can do the relevant checks and find out where the IP address is based or even who the person is
Definitely not you, I like your style,I like your honesty ,plasterers should definitely trust you and buy from you ,

Status
Not open for further replies.