neither fish nor foal

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
:RpS_wink:hya my names Brian and Im a .....sorry wrong place, anyway been in the trade about 40 years, started as a chippy but lost the apprenticeship due to love of drink, got a start with a lad who did all types of plastering work mostly tacking and partitions , after awhile he let me have a go with the trowel(love it) so I was with him about 4 years . then got married and went tacking all the time ,working by myself because I was too unreliable on a Monday due to my hobby, anyway the wife left me because I drank too much and then I moved to Ireland from London , was getting lots of tacking/ metalwork not much spreading, gave up the booze got married again , second wife left me because I didn't drink enough, so I worked in Ireland , then Germany ,Holland and france. I have a home in Ireland, but will be leaving here back to London in a few weeks to earn a few quid for when I can afford to retire in about another 40 years , Good to be on here and all the best to you all, cossyshamo

A Plasterer with a drink problem !!!! you should fit right in here :RpS_laugh: welcome along

heading back to London next week to wait on my cscs card , did the test in Belfast , great craic with the women in the test centre, they were wondering how come I had address
in a little village in the south of the country and had a sarf London accent, so I told them it wasn't a sarf London accent , but that everyone in the village spoke like me and was the local accent. I kept a straight face for about twenty minutes with them. Nice ladies. First job Iv got , hopefully not the last is reboard the ceilings in my sons house and then reskim the whole house. With a bit of luck they might let me stay a few weeks get a few quid in for digs , Best to all !

heading back to London next week to wait on my cscs card , did the test in Belfast , great craic with the women in the test centre, they were wondering how come I had address
in a little village in the south of the country and had a sarf London accent, so I told them it wasn't a sarf London accent , but that everyone in the village spoke like me and was the local accent. I kept a straight face for about twenty minutes with them. Nice ladies. First job Iv got , hopefully not the last is reboard the ceilings in my sons house and then reskim the whole house. With a bit of luck they might let me stay a few weeks get a few quid in for digs , Best to all !
Keep in contact, we may need help in London soon,

Status
Not open for further replies.