Need help!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe I am being a bit harsh, but if he doesnt know much about the job then should he really be tackling it on his own? According to the missus I get a bit aggressive after a few,so apologies

To be honest, I use s&c all the time but I'm useless at calculating small jobs, (had to have a good think for the op) as I work on new builds and normally just order a lorry load and get stuck in!

I'm useless at calculating materials. Main bulk of work is skimming, with some floating thrown in. Just always buy a load of it and don't worry. I'm f**k*d when I have to work something out. I wasn't made to think!!

35-40m2 per ton at around 20mm thick and i go through 7 bags of cement per ton. 3 quarter bag of cement per mix in my propped back(get more in lol) belle mixer. Plus your additives and what have you should be ok at that. @BigK is right with a ton and good half so have a game plan to get rid of whats left if they will only deliver bulk bags?? If loose you have to sheet up where itsgoing and an open cats toilet till you finish the job lol

Am doing an old stone Cottage. It is in and out all over the place i have to use s&c how would you work out the materials on that??
Would you notbebetter with lime mortar mate being a stone cottage am guessing no cavity etc??

I would mate but am doing it for a builder its all down to money. Plus it was built on to twice over the years. In cavity block and 9 inch block.

Am doing an old stone Cottage. It is in and out all over the place i have to use s&c how would you work out the materials on that??

Same as any other job that isn't 'average'
You quote as if it were flat then add an extra ton per ton for the uneven-ness and then add more to cover yourself for labour then add a bit more for profit then booommmm
There's your price!
You obviously don't order the materials all at once then you can gauge what you need as you go.
If 1 ton = 1000 kg
A 4:1 scratch coat would require 250kg which is 10 bags.

I always allow a little more for materials than I think then your covered and its profit if it's not used isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.