Need a new trowel cause I'm a c unt

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys out of curiosity does any of you older spreads remember the tyzack double tanged skimming trowels (red handle)

I've got one, took ages to break in but lovely to use. Same size as the 11" s*p*r*lex.
Had several Centenaries over the years, still got my very first one (with popped rivets) as a keepsake.

trowels.jpg

Chinese shite mate...

hi cassie
they used to be the dogs b*ll***s when they were made in Sheffield - but times are moving on new companies, new trowels, a wider variety of trowels than in the early eighties :RpS_thumbsup:

hi cassie
they used to be the dogs b*ll***s when they were made in Sheffield - but times are moving on new companies, new trowels, a wider variety of trowels than in the early eighties :RpS_thumbsup:
I know mate, im from sheff,

hi guys out of curiosity does any of you older spreads remember the tyzack double tanged skimming trowels (red handle)

they were the "centenary " version" with the cherry red handle , they still come up on ebay now and again ( go for over £100 ), tyzack made a copy of that trowel in the 80s " premier " range , it had the double tang "mahogney handle " but never sold , buy that time mt flooded the market with bigger 14 inch trowels and made them from stainless steel , most spreads i knew went with marshalltown , while the old boys stayed with tyzack , when i bought my first trowel (13 inch mt ) my old boss laughed at me , and said " what do the yanks know about plastering ".

I was told the last things to come from Sheffield were Stanley blades several years ago.. Tyzack's now are crap and I'll never buy another one.

Took a ages to break my Centenary in properly, mostly on sand & cement - in that time I couldn't skim with it and hated it!

Cant imagine rendering with an 11 inch trowel , were hand hawks smaller im them days , or were prices just better ?

Cant imagine rendering with an 11 inch trowel , were hand hawks smaller im them days , or were prices just better ?

Had 13" MT handboards/hawks for years. Used to have a longer MT stainless but couldn't get on with it - just prefer a smaller trowel.

you dont get that much more on with the '' bonus trowels '' lmfao... whatever size suits you and if your a plasterer ( ie. dont **** urself if you have to do wet angles ) you will cover pretty much the same with any size trowel... not all centenery;s had the cherry handle, mine..single tang, has the normal wood, think its better nowadays with the pre worn trowels, right ******* wearing a new one in.... and the boss was right.. yanks know fuk all about plastering...lol

I still have 2 from the 80's one (due to me being a clumsy fooker) was used as a scraper and the other resembles a pallete knife now and is wrapped up in a oily rag some where in the shed cos i cannot part with it :RpS_blushing: cos it came with the first set of tools i got in 1980

hi raggles

there are a few on here that kept old trowels from the early days - :RpS_thumbsup: sentimental plasterers :RpS_lol:

I've got some old trowels that were past down from dad when he worked at metal foundry ( casting ) similar to margin trowels - still use them occasionally - guessing there over 60 years old ( antique road show):RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

Tyzacks were hard to break in but once they were cracking trowel the best in my eyes the new ones today are Chinese s..te

Bought a tyzak (ready to go) trowel a few months ago. Ready to go? Nah. Even after getting the oil stone on it, no. Use it to clean off window boards now.

I left my mobile on top of the car drove to work (supermarket) 2 hours later my girlfriend comes over and gives me my phone someone found it and run last number pretty lucky for me, saved me doing overtime to pay for a new one

I left my mobile on top of the car drove to work (supermarket) 2 hours later my girlfriend comes over and gives me my phone someone found it and run last number pretty lucky for me, saved me doing overtime to pay for a new one

Why were you at the supermarket? That's your girlfriends job. :)
Still some decent people out there though, nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.