Need a new drill..

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySouthport

Private Member
Under £300
got a belle 1200e that's my 110 drill had it for ages work fine just isn't fast enough for mixing finish!

got a shitty siverline one for domestics crap for anything else but finish, is fast though.

looking at the rafina mm19/2 or single speed but the single speed is only 450rpm, where as the 2 speed goes up to 760rpm I think.

what speed the Bosch? Would get one of them if I could find one cheap enough, a mate has one he ha had for 15 years and its still going after 5 new leads!

Thoughts?

For the sake of £80 more, get the Refina mm30/2 because you'll regret buying the cheaper version.

:RpS_biggrin:

Mega mixer is the best IMO,I knock up s&c ,ballast the lot with mine ,never let me down in about 8 years.

S&s I can honestly say I've never even thought about mixing it with a drill like wtf?

Anyone know of any decent second hand Bosch ones going?

anyone else think the belle is wank at knocking up finish? It's got about 5 speeds or more on it but even on the fastest it take an age to knock finish up?

when I was serving my time the gang had a mega mixer 2 speed double handled but when I left it stayed with the gang :(

S&s I can honestly say I've never even thought about mixing it with a drill like wtf?

Anyone know of any decent second hand Bosch ones going?

anyone else think the belle is wank at knocking up finish? It's got about 5 speeds or more on it but even on the fastest it take an age to knock finish up?

The mm30/2 can easily handle S&C, simply change the paddle to a MR4. You can even buy a set of Refina quick change adapters to make changing paddles a breeze. They are extremely sturdy :RpS_biggrin:

I was on a site in London and they was mixing s&c in bins with a mega mixer I've only done it with small buckets with my Makita

I have the ALFRA 1800W - Eibenstock that was around £300 and its mega, just make sure you get the negative paddle with it, else you'll be covered in crap.

Thats what I thought but I'm sure the belle goes up to that or near...

Trust me, you don't need masses of speed for a nice creamy mix. The most important thing is loads of torque. When you have to mix up 6-8 bag hits, you'll appreciate the torque :RpS_biggrin:

just buy an mm30 new and have done with it, 1800 watt of power and will last a life time, worst case senerio is you use it and get quiet and sell it, for two thirds of what you paid for it.they sell second hand all day long.

Bosch all the way just put a bigger paddle on it. A mate bought an Alfa it weighs a bloody ton and compared to the Bosch seem a lot slower

My mate and my cousin have got the bosch and I absolutely hate it
Weird isn't it. The refina has a bit more finesse

steel tube bike cog welded together best mixer you'll have can use anywhere anytime even in small tight areas lol

Last edited:
The mm30/2 can easily handle S&C, simply change the paddle to a MR4. You can even buy a set of Refina quick change adapters to make changing paddles a breeze. They are extremely sturdy :RpS_biggrin:

yes Minh I have the adapter and its very good. My mega mixer is gonna have its 15th birthday in April, never a problem just keep it serviced by Refina.

Ive always had the Bosch but must admit I,m not a lover of the design. Some of the other drills seem better balanced.but to have the speed and torque of the Bosch seem a lot heavier

I've got an alfra and a mega mixer. As said they're basically the same but I prefer the alfra. Much better feel to it with the chunky handles.

ive got the belle 1600e and have promised my self a mega mixer when it pack in and after 7 years im still wait and it only cost £170 on flee bay.

ive got the belle 1600e and have promised my self a mega mixer when it pack in and after 7 years im still wait and it only cost £170 on flee bay.

not a problem with mine in 8 years other than it being slow, they are reliable no doubt. whats the 1600e like at mixing skim?

What tools? free delivery?

Buying from Refina is more expensive because their prices exclude VAT. However, £100 of free tools makes their price more attractive. The mixer comes with a 160mm MR3 paddle which is a good size for most jobs.

Consider the bucket brush: you can choose between natural or synthetic blue (I have the natural version and it's great for cleaning trowels and buckets because it is very stiff and removes plaster easily).

A quick change adapter is also very handy. They also sell a paddle extension which is useful if you are very tall as it will take the strain off your back.

You might like to consider their 180mm paddle for big hits.

The long reach bucket scoop is also good for small jobs where you work from the bucket because one scoop is equivalent to one hawk/handboard load.

I would not recommend the adjustable corner trowel because their is a slight gap where the hinge is and this leaves a line down the middle of the corner. Also the wings are much too stiff and if you accidentally turn the handle instead of the wing nut the handle will come off because it is not securely glued in position.

They normally send their goods by FedEx for £10 but it may be free for big orders.

Give Lianne a call and she'll be able to give you all the details :RpS_biggrin:

Last edited:
haha not a lot more for me to say really to add to that.

the free of charge tools are exclusive of VAT so you get more for your money there. you can pick any of the hand tools, we exclude levels from this as they cost more to post.

We do of course charge VAT on top of the prices shown.

Delivery is either 9.95 for 1-2 day delivery or 6.95 for the 3-4 day delivery.

call us on 01202 632270 for more details if you like.

Harry

Buying from Refina is more expensive because their prices exclude VAT. However, £100 of free tools makes their price more attractive. The mixer comes with a 160mm MR3 paddle which is a good size for most jobs.

Consider the bucket brush: you can choose between natural or synthetic blue (I have the natural version and it's great for cleaning trowels and buckets because it is very stiff and removes plaster easily).

A quick change adapter is also very handy. They also sell a paddle extension which is useful if you are very tall as it will take the strain off your back.

You might like to consider their 180mm paddle for big hits.

The long reach bucket scoop is also good for small jobs where you work from the bucket because one scoop is equivalent to one hawk/handboard load.

I would not recommend the adjustable corner trowel because their is a slight gap where the hinge is and this leaves a line down the middle of the corner. Also the wings are much too stiff and if you accidentally turn the handle instead of the wing nut the handle will come off because it is not securely glued in position.

They normally send their goods by FedEx for £10 but it may be free for big orders.

Give Lianne a call and she'll be able to give you all the details :RpS_biggrin:

looking for a bit of comm there Minh :RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.