Names that stuck

Johnk

Has anyone given or been given a nickname that stuck or heard funny stories of names given to someone.When I was serving my time nearly everyone had been given a name based on what they did or what they are remember for doing wether it was said to their face or not was another thing.
Here's one to get started;
A dry liner started working for my father back in the seventies when dot and dabbing was only taken off.He was 5 ft 2 in height and width.He was extremely fast at drylining so others wanted to see how he got thru the houses so quick.He basically cut a brickys trowel square and was lobbing drywall dots to the wall like darts with it.After seeing his technique he was soon know as the LOBON.to this day if I meet anyone from years ago they ask have I heard from LOBON and they didn't even know his real name.The technical name is a lobonoligist as we use tell newbies

I'm Pug in real life too. Have been since I was 6 or 7 because I was (and still am) Pug-ugly. The joy of big brothers!

My builder mate is Duncan Dissorderly for obvious reasons (he likes his ale and gets silly when he's had too much)

Best one I've seen was a young kid working in maplin who had a fop of blonde hair swept to the side. On his name badge it read 'side partin martin' I loved that. Have worked with a 'crimewatch kev' and a 'gbh Martin'.

Reactions: Adz
Lad came to work for me when he was 16 and I used to humiliate him in front of everyone by shouting "BOY" at him all the time.
He's 30 now and everyone knows him as "Boy" lol.

Step-son is an apprentice sparks. Came home on 1st day nicknamed Gingitsu.... he's ginger. His mum and I pissed ourselves laughing!

Called our last aprentice letdown as he always blobbed..1 b4 we called him trigger as he was thick as pig s**t..1 b4 that was lurch as he was about 6.2 and really skinny.. and 1 we nicknamed s**t boy as he was shite and we filmed him having a s**t in a plaster bag 1 time wen there was no toilets on job..guess wat there all jacked on us lol

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favourites was a joiner who we used to work with, he was slow as f**k so he got called acrow cos he was always holding the job up. Another guy I know is called neon, cos he's a 6foot tube, even his dad calls him it! Last one continuing the ginger theme... ginger guy in my class at school was nick named bean head, for obvious reasons

We used to work with a lad on site who thought he was fast as f**k took him 2 days to skim an average size room but still thought he was quick so we called him Bullet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

local chaps, there is a plasterer called slow hands.
a carpenter with a large nose he is called hooter.
a builder called captain calamity.

One of my favourites was a joiner who we used to work with, he was slow as f**k so he got called acrow cos he was always holding the job up. Another guy I know is called neon, cos he's a 6foot tube, even his dad calls him it! Last one continuing the ginger theme... ginger guy in my class at school was nick named bean head, for obvious reasons
Had a kid in my class that looked like beaker from the Muppets (tube like head with bulging eyes, doctors assistant) he was known by everyone as 'beaker man' even my mum asked if beaker man was coming round after school.

Had a kid in my class that looked like beaker from the Muppets (tube like head with bulging eyes, doctors assistant) he was known by everyone as 'beaker man' even my mum asked if beaker man was coming round after school.
My mates brother gets called Gonzo from the muppets, alot of broken noses has resulted in a large hooked shape in the middle of his face

As an apprentice the firm had this old boy labourer strong as an ox and a massive beer belly like a 1970's dart player. He came to work once wearing a black and yellow striped jumper and everybody called him bumble. That was way before I joined the firm and he never wore that jumper again but the name stuck

We name a tight arsed rubber neck plasterer who never brought in tea bags or milk for years and would always ask everyone else for some so he was christened The Rubba(rubber neck) and his miserable son was the same so he was The young Rubba.

another plasterer was the greatest moaner ever,glass always half empty guy so he was known as the grump.When his mad son started with us after a few weeks the grump got annoyed with the son and asked him at tea time Robby what are you going to be a labourer or a plasterer, son replied
Well dad one thing for sure I'm not going to be a fu**king grump

I live in a village where everyone has nickname...

machine gun dave
depressed pete
Twizzle
Dangerous Dave
wobbly
Argumentative Kev

I was known as flash when I was in MK

Back when I was an apprentice labourer was called bungalow, hard as fook but nowt upstairs, he stuck a lathe hammer into his forehead when nailing ceilings up

Guy who works for me works all weekend for himself as well and his mats call him abdel. His name is del. I got called big cock when I was young and it's stuck