MYSTERY RENDER & PICS

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat boy skim

Private Member
i am on an extension at the moment and the outside needs to be matched with the exesting render,the only way i can describe it is that it looks like pebble dash and 100 coats of paint :-\ i chipped back the exesting to have a look and theres no sign of any stone at all.its just sand,anyone ever seen or done the same thing ??? the bungalow was built in the 40s if that helps thx
Picture336.jpg

Picture335.jpg

Picture334.jpg

Picture333.jpg

Re: MYSTERY RENDER

i didnt think this would of been so hard/or you lot just dont like me anymore for upsetting carp :p

flat boy skim said:
i didnt think this would of been so hard/or you lot just dont like me anymore for upsetting carp :p

could you not just tyroplean it mate? if you get the green gun you can change the type of spray. put it to the larger setting

steve cov said:
flat boy skim said:

could you not just tyroplean it mate? if you get the green gun you can change the type of spray. put it to the larger setting
what type of finish is it steve, tyroplean is that

tyrolean kind of looks like painted dash. its hard to explain. you mix it like (french word) and use a gun thats got prongs inside and it flicks it at the wall covering it in tiny splatters. you have to do a minimum of 3 coats really.

http://www.wbs-ltd.co.uk/renders_finishes_tyrolean.htm

you can get a cheap metal gun which is s**t or buy/hire this type. like i said you can change the thickness it applys the tyrolean with the green gun

steve cov said:
tyrolean kind of looks like painted dash. its hard to explain. you mix it like (french word) and use a gun thats got prongs inside and it flicks it at the wall covering it in tiny splatters. you have to do a minimum of 3 coats really.
no it just wont match it ,i will get some pics m8 and post them up ,lol doing the job on sat so need to be quick

tyrolean can be matched quite easily i think, just go past the joint and blend it in

madmonk said:
could you not dash it with 6mm limestone then put a cement slurry over the top
not a bad idiea m8 but i was thinking about doing a sharp sand mix through a teroline gun W U NORTHS idiea

flat boy skim said:
madmonk said:
could you not dash it with 6mm limestone then put a cement slurry over the top
not a bad idiea m8 but i was thinking about doing a sharp sand mix through a teroline gun

Both on the right track i think , try some test panels to find out , using different consistency's etc till the right
finish is acheived

looks as warrior says - a slurry coat mixed on site randomly, i think if you chuck a tyro over the whole lot it would look better

plasterjfe said:
looks as warrior says - a slurry coat mixed on site randomly, i think if you chuck a tyro over the whole lot it would look better
not touching existing ,just extension on back of house

I think the trick here is not to worry about how they have come up with that finish but what you can do to replicate it. I think a wet dash with possibly a slurry over the top if it still doesn't blend well enough being the answer here, as I think someone may have already suggested. Do a test panel (not necessarily on the wall) without worrying about curing times and in one day you should know if you've cracked it.

flat boy skim said:
steve cov said:
why not patch up where needed then sbr the lot and give it all a spray over.
no its for a builder and if i sugested that i just know the answer m8 :-[

Thing is though 'you aint gonna match it' and he wont want to pay you when it goes wrong neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.