My skimming

Members online

If you sparay aload of water on it and push a sponge float up and down it you are pretty much remixing the top coat on the wall ain't ya?
Sponges are for bath time and finishing s and c

I don't use a sponge.
What do you mean ??

I would highly recommend the nela. By far best trowels I’ve owned. Premium and super flex. I want the mediflex too but think it might be overkill
You after a medi . It's your lucky day 25 delivered.
I.m wanting another nella carbon but 5 inch wide blade

I had the Nelas since the outset but fell out of love with them for a while and stuck to carbon MTs. Sharpened up the original mt extralites have a bit of flex so perform in a similar way . @Dropsalot succinctly described a super flex as nothing more than a worn in carbon steel. I quite like the mediflex though
Was it you that posted way back how to clean up a carbon steel and get the black patina. I've got an old mt carbon i want to put back in service.
_20181012_211151.JPG

Never worked with anyone who sponges , looks like more effort than less effort. And I know my works good but I would be interested to shadow someone on a sponge just to tick the box if nothing else, knowledge Is power. I don't understand how it makes sets easyer

Is only of benefit if 1 coat or 2 coats from same mix.

Then you get the benefits of a fresh 2nd without having to mix up apply and wait for gear to pick up.

Is only of benefit if 1 coat or 2 coats from same mix.

Then you get the benefits of a fresh 2nd without having to mix up apply and wait for gear to pick up.

It's when you can skim in the dark .........now that's another level ;)

Southerners.....us northerners have no choice lol
Lads got a bad habit of skimming in s**t light thinking its mint . He did bottom of stairs other day . I said its shite . He was shocked when i opened garage door and sun hit it

Was it you that posted way back how to clean up a carbon steel and get the black patina. I've got an old mt carbon i want to put back in service.
View attachment 27215

Yes bud
1:. Soak in a shallow pool of water and bicarbonate of soda. Those black paint trays you get with rollers are good, soak for 1-2 days then wipe with a scourer sponge will leave the metal clean as a whistle.
2: soak in 50:50 mix vinegar and coke for a day the surface will develop an oily black surface. Wipe this off and your trowel now has a patina that will stop rust forming so long as it's kept dry.

Yes bud
1:. Soak in a shallow pool of water and bicarbonate of soda. Those black paint trays you get with rollers are good, soak for 1-2 days then wipe with a scourer sponge will leave the metal clean as a whistle.
2: soak in 50:50 mix vinegar and coke for a day the surface will develop an oily black surface. Wipe this off and your trowel now has a patina that will stop rust forming so long as it's kept dry.
For a while

Lads got a bad habit of skimming in s**t light thinking its mint . He did bottom of stairs other day . I said its shite . He was shocked when i opened garage door and sun hit it
The low lying sun will catch out the so called spreads.
Probably why firms won't stop ringing asking for help.
Sacking s**t lads who haven't a clue.
But still .....the wankers won't pay the proper rates.

Yes bud
Thanks bud top man.

If you sparay aload of water on it and push a sponge float up and down it you are pretty much remixing the top coat on the wall ain't ya?
Sponges are for bath time and finishing s and c
But you will get a very even, non cloudy finish if you sponge it, as opposed to any other way, I'v seen it with my own one eye :hola:

True , that orange rust can reappear. Trick is to make a habit of not leaving any moisture on them
I dont bother with the coke just bi carb. Keep an both in small tool box . Make sure their dry n wrap em in oily towels.

Yes bud
That a job keeping a trowel dry

What did u do
i let the first coat set up a little more before second coating ,i use a little water on all passes after that , i never take off plaster during the troweling up stage and never finish on a up stroke . allways cross trowel the last pass . hope this helps .

i let the first coat set up a little more before second coating ,i use a little water on all passes after that , i never take off plaster during the troweling up stage and never finish on a up stroke . allways cross trowel the last pass . hope this helps .
Nice one lov