My m200 journey

Members online

wall2wall

A few weeks ago, we bought an M200 from Plasterers one stop shop.

Ryan was super helpful from the get go, i rung up on a wed, picked the machine up Friday and they managed to squeeze our training in last minute.

Anyway, we got to site on the Monday, and ive had the worst 2 weeks of my life, you think of a problem, we had it, i was going to just weigh the thing in, bloody useless. I cannot even begin to try and express in words my anger towards an innanimate object, nor can i begin to list the problems.

The guys were very helpful, i rang them untold amounts of times and every time there was a solution, in the end Paul came down, brought a generator, and today we wacked on 60m with ease and in no time, the machine didnt skip a beat, it was like clockwork. Honestly, i couldnt believe the difference, all the issues we had were because the power. And had we had bought a geni from the start, we probably wouldnt have had 5% of the problems we did have...... live and learn

Anyone thinking of getting an M200, just buy the geni, i bought one today and they sent it out to be with us tomorrow. (Great service again)

Just wanted to post something, where people who are thinking of buying one will see, and also to say how great Ryan, Andrew, Paul and Dave have been, and how happy we are with the machine now its running properly.

Its a relatively large investment, compared to the rest of our tools, and it is worrying, especially when you get all these problems, but now its working we will have it paid off in no time.

Thanks again guys,

Remi

What's worng with just plugging it in to a 5kva transformer. Should not have to use a generator all the time. That don't make sense tbh. You may as well got a 3 phase machine then.

Just want to ask what you used before you had the geni.
And for the reason.
We were plugged directly into a site box (big transformer) which was coming from the consumer unit via armoured cable. Which i thought was pretty direct. I still think the machine should just come with a geni (not saying for free, but as a package)

What's worng with just plugging it in to a 5kva transformer. Should not have to use a generator all the time. That don't make sense tbh. You may as well got a 3 phase machine then.

The reason for the issue was down to power issues on site. Sadly a factor we or the customer cant really control. If its on a normal domestic job etc, with the correct power, there will be no issue

Last edited:

Ryan was super helpful from the get go, i rung up on a wed, picked the machine up Friday and they managed to squeeze our training in last minute.

Anyway, we got to site on the Monday, and ive had the worst 2 weeks of my life, you think of a problem, we had it, i was going to just weigh the thing in, bloody useless. I cannot even begin to try and express in words my anger towards an innanimate object, nor can i begin to list the problems.

The guys were very helpful, i rang them untold amounts of times and every time there was a solution, in the end Paul came down, brought a generator, and today we wacked on 60m with ease and in no time, the machine didnt skip a beat, it was like clockwork. Honestly, i couldnt believe the difference, all the issues we had were because the power. And had we had bought a geni from the start, we probably wouldnt have had 5% of the problems we did have...... live and learn

Anyone thinking of getting an M200, just buy the geni, i bought one today and they sent it out to be with us tomorrow. (Great service again)

Just wanted to post something, where people who are thinking of buying one will see, and also to say how great Ryan, Andrew, Paul and Dave have been, and how happy we are with the machine now its running properly.

Its a relatively large investment, compared to the rest of our tools, and it is worrying, especially when you get all these problems, but now its working we will have it paid off in no time.

Thanks again guys,

Remi

Hi Remi,

Thanks for the post mate, I'm glad everything got sorted and you guys are flying. I'll give you a bell tomorrow with an ETA for the Gene. You wont need to use the gene every time mate, especially if the power supply is sufficient. Check the job and see what the job requires.

As always, if you need anything, im on the end of the phone

Here is a video of you guys in action:

The same as for site in all honesty. It all depends on the power. Plenty running directly from the transformer with no issues
With all honesty the site transformer will be the last thing I would plug my machine in and you know why. I had my concerns before getting machine and I am glad I was right at the time. Once you run your machine from a gene there is no going back. I can guarantee the speed and quality won't be the same .

With all honesty the site transformer will be the last thing I would plug my machine in and you know why. I had my concerns before getting machine and I am glad I was right at the time. Once you run your machine from a gene there is no going back. I can guarantee the speed and quality won't be the same .

I do agree with that. A dedicated power source is always best

Thanks again guys,

Remi
Had the same problem , they do not work off mains u need geni, I was going to buy one but after having so many problems it put me right off

Thanks again guys,

Remi
Glad all went well mate you have a great team and will smash it ... like all our customers we are here to help and get you going when you struggle it’s all a learning curve ... I have been spraying for over 20 years using many different machines and maintain the m200 is the best small machine on the market .. small machine big heart m-power ..

110v mixing pumps are more trouble than they are worth.

2 weeks of phone calls FFS

Worse i had was Rob Cleary 4hr phone call and i got him up and running. 230v ritmo L

Glad all went well mate you have a great team and will smash it ... like all our customers we are here to help and get you going when you struggle it’s all a learning curve ... I have been spraying for over 20 years using many different machines and maintain the m200 is the best small machine on the market .. small machine big heart m-power ..
Have you never used a ritmo then...?:nocausagracia:

I had a problem on site in September involving the use of a long cable. Wouldn’t have it. Generator had to be used.

I had a problem on site in September involving the use of a long cable. Wouldn’t have it. Generator had to be used.

I reckon sites will be going for the sole use of battery operated hand tools soon as i have heard a few people get told off about leads

Here's a question.
Would the lengh of 32amp lead going to the lead effect the performance .
ie voltage drop.

Yes it will mate. Longer electric cables will cause a drop in Amps. Unless you use a thicker core cable.
I understand short the better.
I see the debate about geni use but is 240v through a 5kva transformer cause any problems as the compressor and machine are plug into the same transformer.

Longer cables cause a drop in Voltage and the lower the volts the higher the amps.

The higher amps can cause the machine to trip the power supply

110v 32 amp supply with 2.5mm cable can probably stretch 25 mts maybe more however in 230v you could run much longer cables.

Longer cables cause a drop in Voltage and the lower the volts the higher the amps.

The higher amps can cause the machine to trip the power supply

110v 32 amp supply with 2.5mm cable can probably stretch 25 mts maybe more however in 230v you could run much longer cables.

I think that,

So that we do not have problems with the voltage drop, I use 4mm of section in the cable. I have tried not to connect more than 30 meters.

w: volts x amp.
If there is voltage drop, the intensity increases, this supposes problems

I'm thinking of chopping my monojet in for a m200 I like the look of em and after speaking to someone I trust I'm starting to lean more and more towards getting one, so anyone one wanna buy a monojet brand new three phase Genny from one stop and the jetset gun for glueing boards, spraying backing coat and thin coats plus other stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of chopping my monojet in for a m200 I like the look of em and after speaking to someone I trust I'm starting to lean more and more towards getting one, so anyone one wanna buy a monojet brand new three phase Genny from one stop and the jetset gun for glueing boards, spraying backing coat and thin coats plus other stuff

whats the jet set gun for glueing? etc?

whats the jet set gun for glueing? etc?

it's a gun with auto shutoff that connects to the cadddy, when you close the lever the machine stops no over spray, it comes with 1 gun, 25m electric cable, few size nozzles for thin coat work, standard spray lance for mono work and an attachment for pumping board adhesive onto eps

I may have someone interested in a Monojet mate. They already have a gene though

I may have someone interested in a Monojet mate. They already have a gene though

That's great Ryan I have a kid of extras with it I've also had a hopper extension made for it too, would you be able to let me know if they would like to come to my unit and check it out

That's great Ryan I have a kid of extras with it I've also had a hopper extension made for it too, would you be able to let me know if they would like to come to my unit and check it out

WhatsApp me some images mate, I’ll help sell it online if he doesn’t come through

it's a gun with auto shutoff that connects to the cadddy, when you close the lever the machine stops no over spray, it comes with 1 gun, 25m electric cable, few size nozzles for thin coat work, standard spray lance for mono work and an attachment for pumping board adhesive onto eps

How much?