my best photo

this is it at last bugs in airwaves I think

Attachments

• SAM_1814.JPG
    SAM_1814.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 534
Ah that’s lovely.

You just reminded me of a film I used to watch as a kid; ‘ring of bright water’ I think it was called.

That's a mint pic. Love otters. @JessThePlasterer You mean tarka the otter
I.d love to see a otter in wild .along with a badger and periguin falcon. Saw a kingfisher for first time 2 years back
Nope the otter was called midge. It’s an old film. 1960s I think.

Lovely to live near wildlife like that.... not sure there’s much in the Manchester ship canal!

Nope the otter was called midge. It’s an old film. 1960s I think.

Lovely to live near wildlife like that.... not sure there’s much in the Manchester ship canal!
Agree appreciate it more as you get older.(You will find) took lads over quarry where there used to be newts when we were kids. Found a tiny pond and still newts in it. I was made up but kid weren't bothered

Agree appreciate it more as you get older.(You will find) took lads over quarry where there used to be newts when we were kids. Found a tiny pond and still newts in it. I was made up but kid weren't bothered

That’s a shame but suppose a lot of people don’t like slimy things.

I think I was just an odd kid. I’d play with spiders in the house and give them names. I was really upset when my mum made me throw Colin out!

My sister had slow-worms in her garden they were ace! I’d never seen them before. They look like snakes

I think I was just an odd kid. I’d play with spiders in the house and give them names. I was really upset when my mum made me throw Colin out!

My sister had slow-worms in her garden they were ace! I’d never seen them before. They look like snakes

View attachment 32378
Had a few snakes swim across pond we used to swim In as kids . .good swimmers

That's a mint pic. Love otters. @JessThePlasterer You mean tarka the otter
I.d love to see a otter in wild .along with a badger and periguin falcon. Saw a kingfisher for first time 2 years back

you missed a great when you where I'm woole r then cos just South it is a place called powburn and there are ot ters in the river.

I.m back in December So I.ll go have a butcher's . Unless they hibernate

not sure ???? Nearly forgot about badgers I've seen quite a few and alledgedly they can cause quite a bit of damage to the front of your oldest sons RS4 if you come across one on a country road late at night :inocente:

not sure ???? Nearly forgot about badgers I've seen quite a few and alledgedly they can cause quite a bit of damage to the front of your oldest sons RS4 if you come across one on a country road late at night :inocente:
Some badgers over near Stockbridge. Never seen em but heard its good. Saw a red squirrel at wooler . Defo gonna go powburn its looks only 20 mins away

What would you suggest t solve the problem
The only legal way is to fence them out, but that wouldn't be possible on the huge waters that Norman fish's. It cost me 10k to fence my lake.
Otters are lovely creatures but there have been way too many breed and released into the wild. They used to be hunted many years ago to keep their numbers under control but they're now a protected species.

View attachment 32378
Slowworms are legless lizards.

If that b*d thing is on your fishery Norm you've got problems.
They're causing carnage all over the country, killing loads of fish, birds and other mammals.
no/ cormorants our big prob and sea birds etc knick all the small fry we also get the big sea otters to only half mile to the sea loch empties into sea the wee man in picture will eat from your hand there is 5 more along with him but loch is 65 acres so room for all we are conservation as well as angling bird hide etc