Must have tool kit for son just finished first year course

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamemhi

Hi guys ,just looking for suggestions of what an experienced plasterer would regard a good starting out list of tools ,any advice would be great
After a bit of reading it seems the floats might need to to be marshaltown ,I want to get him good gear that will last good enough got get going and add to .
thank in anticipation of some replies.

regards
Shane

Handboard, plastering trowels, bucket trowel, 5/6" brush, buckets/tubs, feather-edge/rule, smalltools, plastic float.

Hi mate,you can't go wrong with Anything marshaltown or refina.14 inch trowel is fine to start with,hawk(also known as a handboard)and maybe a couple of smaller tools for tight or restricted wall areas.some cheap black buckets and a couple of rhino tubs for mixing in.maybe a mixing whisk upto 100quid or so,do a search on previous threads on mixers on here for advice.stanley knife,plasterboard saw,plasterboard rasp,6ft straightedge,some cheap 4inch paintbrushes.

A laptop and university education, ..... sorry i'm just a bitter old fart, as he said above^^^^^^^^^^^

I got me a Ba years ago and still putting muck on walls :RpS_unsure: so just goes to show clever and sense don't nessisarily go hand in hand :RpS_laugh:

Hi guys ,just looking for suggestions of what an experienced plasterer would regard a good starting out list of tools ,any advice would be great
After a bit of reading it seems the floats might need to to be marshaltown ,I want to get him good gear that will last good enough got get going and add to .
thank in anticipation of some replies.

regards
Shane

Hi Shane,

We stock a range of plastering tools and would be happy to help you. Please get in touch and as you have come via the forum we can offer you a discount.

Ryan

mate the list just goes on and on hhaha just joking mate just what the lads sed marshalltown trowel but a wouldnt worry about the makes off the bucket trowel n others

I got me a Ba years ago and still putting muck on walls :RpS_unsure: so just goes to show clever and sense don't nessisarily go hand in hand :RpS_laugh:

are you talking about a mohawk raggles..............:RpS_confused:

You all missed the most important tool of the plasterers trade.....

...access to The Plasterers Forum!! :RpS_w00t:

...oh.... a sence of humour..... thick skin.... ability to admit that they don't know it all - and more important, who to ask and trust!

Good luck to you and yours Shane!

Status
Not open for further replies.