multi vs board

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt01

Hi all, been plastering for pretty long now and I find that multi finnish goes through crappy stages throughout the year, like going off supa quick and big lumps of hard plaster(like stones), I then start using board finnish for a few months which I think gives a better and smoother finnish and for bigger areas I get more time befor it goes off. I use it on most backgrounds and am thinking of not using multi ever again.What are the thoughts on this.?

if your getting rocks in your bags its been getting wet somewhere, but same as board if alot better dont seem to get tiger stripes with board finish either

When we were doing Barrat houses the only plaster they let you use is Knauf, hated it at first, but got to say its good stuff when you get into it

im all with board finish, just cant use it all the time cause of above reasons.....found multi was moody this time last year, they recon it was due to their furnaces being anti sooted/coked, whatever the feck that means, reason why the black bits were turning up at bottom of bucket, we also found that it would rip easier.....funny same time as last year ie march april.....had one of my friends ring me up today saying it was happening again .....same time as lasdt year..mmmnnn .as for pebbles think thats probably storage issues from builders merchant

I,ve used multi for ages and recently started using board finish on certain jobs, i find it needs less water and less trowelling. Im also a fan of using boardy over bonding agent on any jobs which have an iffy background. It works like a good un. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.