Multi Finish

ThePostman

Hi lads. I'm Pete. Any of you had problems with multi of late? I switched from board to multi a few weeks back as the board was going off way too fast. it didn't make much difference as the multi did the same. Now the last two days the multi has gone the other way and hangs and hangs like someone has added way too much cream of tartar. Goes to the dark brown set in patches but is still not hard to the touch. And then when you get round to being able to give it a hard trowel it starts to tear. Awful stuff. Sure they add accelerators in winter and retardants when it comes too spring

Welcome! There’s so many threads about bad multi on here! I’ve had that before where it’s hung for what felt like three days and then was awful to trowel over. Finish seemed powdery when you ran your hand over it.

I always use board. Only use multi if that’s all there is and can’t be arsed waiting for the next pallet to be brought down!

Hi lads. I'm Pete. Any of you had problems with multi of late? I switched from board to multi a few weeks back as the board was going off way too fast. it didn't make much difference as the multi did the same. Now the last two days the multi has gone the other way and hangs and hangs like someone has added way too much cream of tartar. Goes to the dark brown set in patches but is still not hard to the touch. And then when you get round to being able to give it a hard trowel it starts to tear. Awful stuff. Sure they add accelerators in winter and retardants when it comes too spring
You can't beat board finish mate