multi finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donzo

I know it has been said before, this stuff is awful at moment. Plastering 35 years and can say it's the worst it's ever been.if u want time send an email to British gypsum you have to go through a process.crap at setting in bits,tearing,why is this market
Have so little choice of products in uk.

They don't care, they have the market wrapped up so they don't need to strive to give us a great product. If there were more products readily available they would soon get the finger out but until then..

3 hours to set on top of bonding,in a warm room,bonding was well set etc,,why can't we get that finish that
They get in Ireland That's sets quick.
This stuff is giving most of us a headache British gypsum.

3 hours to set on top of bonding,in a warm room,bonding was well set etc,,why can't we get that finish that
They get in Ireland That's sets quick.
This stuff is giving most of us a headache British gypsum.

Multi finish has gone down hill over the years and I'm sure they've started putting less in the bags, my 70l bucket couldn't quite get 3 bags in a while ago and now 3 bags go in easily!

The Irish skimcoat has improved greatly,whatever they have changed it seems to go further and trowels up lovely.Did a job last summer in Mayo and the builder brought in Knauf mp finish.Mixed up a bag and could'nt believe how far it went.I quickly learned to fill the joints and flush out beads in advance.I'd use it again no problem only it's a bit awkward getting it.

The Irish skimcoat has improved greatly,whatever they have changed it seems to go further and trowels up lovely.Did a job last summer in Mayo and the builder brought in Knauf mp finish.Mixed up a bag and could'nt believe how far it went.I quickly learned to fill the joints and flush out beads in advance.I'd use it again no problem only it's a bit awkward getting it.
Where in Ireland are u

I used to use board finish regular ,over bonding plaster but stopped when I had a wall hairline crack.by the book board finish ain't for bonding but,,,,,,

Where in Ireland are u
Kildare.Was talking to a company called u value insulation in Ballycoolin Co Dublin who would supply me.I reckon I could cut out a labourer completely using that stuff.Anyway when the skimcoat improved and I started using the s*p*r*lex I was skimming away under no pressure at all so did'nt follow up on the mp finish.

I found the irish skim coat greasier than multi , but only used it when we had a shortage over here about 12 yrs back

My uncle is in ballysax this holiday,I'm a Leix man myself but been in London since 87.yes it would be nice to have a pallet of it to tryout
It was'n great until a few months ago.Thats why I was thinking of switching to knauf.But now it's very good and has a long shelf life.If u can get it you'd like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.