Multi finish price

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke105

Anybody tell me where they find the cheapest multi finish?
I was paying 3.85 but prices have just gone up to £4.70

thats a big difference and it will hit me hard. anybody help please?

thanks

5 quid a bag...I dont fancy that.

Well a quid a bag. Whole house you are looking at 40 quid.
Might sound like I'm penny pinching but even so...I want a good deal

Yeh ok...I didn't realise it was a further 10 percent off the multi buy deal.

why is this site always full of dicks? Swear it's just a bunch of cowboys and chancers who use this regularly

5 quid a bag...I dont fancy that.

Well a quid a bag. Whole house you are looking at 40 quid.
Might sound like I'm penny pinching but even so...I want a good deal

£40 on a £3000 job ? If you cut your scrim down the middle you could save another £10 :RpS_laugh:

Anybody tell me where they find the cheapest multi finish?
I was paying 3.85 but prices have just gone up to £4.70

thats a big difference and it will hit me hard. anybody help please?

thanks[you will just have put the material increase on the price of your jobs don't really think you will loose a complete house over 40 quid

lol

I dont know any other trade where you can spend £10 on materials and make a couple of hundred quid...

I dont think Multi is that expensive if you see how much profit there is in it :D

Yes haggle and get good prices but its not the end of the world :D

Have a look at Magnetic plaster at £70 a bag that is the time to shop around :D

So skim is a fiver a bag or less? @Nisus you baddie! :RpS_sneaky:

Anyway, to the OP. If you're margins are so tight that you're going to be struggling with a 1.3% drop in profit then you need to have a good look at your rates and margins. I'm not taking the p1ss, if you even notice that amount then you need to work things through and up your rates accordingly.

Most plastering work I've seen done, for a full house you'll waste/bin/scrap more than that with the amount thrown out. It's probably only equivalent to a couple of bent beads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyway, to the OP. If you're margins are so tight that you're going to be struggling with a 1.3% drop in profit then you need to have a good look at your rates and margins. I'm not taking the p1ss, if you even notice that amount then you need to work things through and up your rates accordingly.

Most plastering work I've seen done, for a full house you'll waste/bin/scrap more than that with the amount thrown out. It's probably only equivalent to a couple of bent beads.
Nisus struggles with that counting thing tho.........same as myself tbh:RpS_crying:

is he still using his abacus for pricing? works for me:RpS_biggrin:

the abacus dont lie....:RpS_sneaky:

Nisus struggles with that counting thing tho.........same as myself tbh:RpS_crying:

is he still using his abacus for pricing? works for me:RpS_biggrin:

I don't see him struggle too much, he seems to work it out quickly enough. He even managed to fit in a rush quote for me when he was off to his Chateaux in France. I think he sent it just before he dropped the van off and picked up his Merc to take the family through the tunnel.

:RpS_lol:

Look i'm nae feckin Baddie like, although that's what Fibrewrist69 calls me lol, the forum baddie pmsl :RpS_lol:

But it is expensive where I get it from @imago i did say, plus I have to bring it down South to your jobs, so travel/time, diesel & ice cream costs are all included :rolleyes)

paying approx. 5.00 in wickes and thay are the cheapest , generally have noticed all plaster prices going up this year and I can see bonding at 10.00 quid this time next year,...... but I went into bq the other night and its pot luck 16 bags of muti 1.50 each got the lot , worth looking in occasionly .

I use to only use B&Q and wickes was a great place to get good deals...

I would always buy the split bags of bonding and hardwall :)

I pay around 6 quid, to be honest for what a bag earns me, I dont give a fuk if its 6 or 8 a bag... no matter what a bag costs, customers paying for it anyway... its roughly the same price for everyone to buy, so price is irrelevant really...

Status
Not open for further replies.