multi finish not the same to spread lately

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tone1

Hi all... noticed over last few months that thistle multi finish seems strange stuff.. anyone any answers??

I agree, we are shifting a few pallets a week and noticing some are not reacting/setting/pulling in/ stretching/ sticking the same daily, obviously the weather hasn't helped etc but there is defiantly a difference

multi just keeps tearing...............................or maybe its just me................:RpS_unsure:

multi just keeps tearing...............................or maybe its just me................:RpS_unsure:
.the plaster is copying the bags .......:RpS_unsure:
Im sure the BG guy on here will be along shortly to answer any questions.:rolleyes)

Knauf MP finish is ten times better than anything British Gypsum turns out, it goes further than multi, you can put more on in a gauging than multi and the finish is better than multi and if the Germany had won the war we wouldn't be having this discussion (or Poles/Rumanians/Bulgarians destroying our building industry)

have to say thistle mpfinish is just muck... dead muck at that, knauf is better but still muck. doesnt close the same evry time, unconsistent .:RpS_cursing:

There should be no build up on the part of the blade that matters, my guess is that he hasn't a clue what hes doing.

I can cope with the shittiest of finishes. If it tears add more water, less pressure, slower trowel, add more angle so you cut across it instead of pulling it, hold the trowel flatter to the wall.

Last edited:
There should be no build up on the part of the blade that matters, my guess is that he hasn't a clue what hes doing.

I can cope with the shittiest of finishes. If it tears add more water, less pressure, slower trowel, add more angle so you cut across it instead of pulling it, hold the trowel flatter to the wall.

:-0.....................:RpS_crying:

Multi does seem to change by the bag some seems gooier than others not a problem just leave it a bit longer before first trowel, just get over it basicly no big prob realy some bits of grit sometimes as well.

Hows about everybody just stop moaning.

Adapt and use it or go work in Tesco, although those trolly wheels can be hit and miss.

It's a considerate firm, maybe they'll supply diazepam?

shudnt "adapt and use" a product thats turning out bad batchs.. should be straight on to company. Bemore considerate to the consumer/trade

Which one is it more angle or less angle (flatter to the wall)

No use complaining to BG, they only send a rep out who talks a load of crap (and if you're lucky you might get a fee freebies out of).

Had a wall set quick the other day, just got on it quicker. Had one to slowly the week before - had a cuppa while it went in. Both on plasterboard. (though one was Siniat, other was BG).

Don't rate BG plaster but our merchents stock it and its what the builder we're working for supplies so we use it.

Should bring back carlite finish and not just let the paddies have it.

Which one is it more angle or less angle (flatter to the wall)

I mean 2 different things, i knew i had described it badly but couldn't think how to say it better.

Less angle and trowel flatter to the wall helps, but when i said " add more angle so you cut across it instead of pulling it" I meant this.....

trowel angle.jpg

instead of this

trowel straight#.jpg

am assuming he's on about cheryl cole....................but you just never know with asif..........:RpS_unsure:

Cheryl cole man,oh my god I'm dribbling at the thought of her arse.oooohh baby.yummy yummy yummy.any piccies?:RpS_drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.