Muiti finish or mp finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Mate
Just finished using 20 odd bags of mp finish, had a mates house to do thats empty so was a good chance to get use to the stuff, it is really good stuff and looks fantastic when your finished; dries to an off white, what I didnt like about it thou is it seems to slide on the hawk and trowel almost like a runny mix would do and it takes ages to go off, Im glad I have used it thou because where I think it is perfect for is massive ceilings, no need to mess around with rolling guages / scrim lines just use this stuff as it gives you lots of time, its alittle bit more expensive and not as easy to get as Thistle aswell

i used mp 75 in college its like spreading clay , i prefer multi finish, but ive only been using it a while

i dunno if i was doing it wrong, but i found mp kept going a bit pimply. whereas multi goes on flat, then u flatten, couple of wets and a dry and its like glass, found mp went on better, flattened better, as soon as water was added it went pimply. after a couple of trowels it went nice but just found it a pain.

also, on small bits u have to wait a long time for the first coat to go off if doing it by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.