Mtec 300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swhittle

Hi

I have got a mtec 300 I and it hasn't been used for a while I set it up this morning all running great untill I stopped the machine and the water hose that go's in to the mixing pot was still putting water in to it wasn't loads but enough to make the gear really wet when I started it up again any idias thanks.

Hi Swhittle,

Not knowing if it is the new or old style...

It sounds like the solenoid could be blocked or jammed.

Try the following:

Press your finger on and off the Black water button which activates the solenoid. Do this at least four or five times.
That may free the blockage,

To check this, take the yellow pipe off the front of the machine. Hold it to the same height as it connects to the machine, press the Black tap. Water will then shoot out, take your finger off. Water should then Stop.

If not, take the solenoid apart and you may find the piston is jammed with grit or something similar. Give it a clean and put it back on.

Any problems please give us a call on 01242 236699.

Hope this helps

I was warned about this happening with my machine being laid up for over winter. The solenoid acting up. I was advised to flush out the machine with washing up liquid at the end of the day and if possible run it every month or so.Does the genny good as well.

Not using genny's for a while can make one of the poles pack up. My genny and pft is in a heated garage and is never less than 12c at any time. Hope this helps but even after draining off the water and plenty of fairy after the last use I still had a bit of brown water come out after 6 months.

Are these solenoids expensive?

Rigsby, I will look at the price and let you know tomorrow. I wouldn't advise the fairy liquid though. Soapy products can go sticky and that could affect the solenoid.

Swhittle, it may be worth looking at my last thread 'winter warning' this will keep you out of trouble in the winter.

No not yet today I just took the water hose off when I wasn't spaying will do it tho just didn't have the time today

Hello mate thats you solenoid gone specialy if its been held up a while.. PFT Andy Hill 07966394864

Status
Not open for further replies.