Mp finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeT

Hi all, I had a go with some knauf mp finish today and I must say it was the best plastering I have done to date. I loved it but where can it be purchased in single bags? And what are your opinions on the stuff?

I disagree Craig its much much better than BG on plasterboard anyway. Wouldn't fancy doing a reskim with it like? Anyways we need to chat about Robjacks course? I'm off tomorrow doing accounts so give us a bell ??

Why would it be any different on a reskim? I asked this question to my tutor today and he insisted it was just as good there too.

Why would it be any different on a reskim? I asked this question to my tutor today and he insisted it was just as good there too.
It doesn't build out the same as BG finish it sags anything past 2mm if your lucky and mp hates any form of suction and will just tear am afraid. On plasterboard its fantastic and that's it IMO

We used it on board today and I think we are putting it on beta contact next week so I can see how it works on that .

Lol it might just have been that im not used to the stuff. I got 6 bags from the knauf trip and not seen the stuff since. Unless wicks sell it in the future ill probably never use it again.

Let us know how you get on George? If its any help you can afford to mix the first coat quite fatty (more so than you would with BG stuff) then second coat straight away with much softer gear :RpS_thumbup:

i've used it three or four times over the past couple of months, that's all. as you say, superb on board. again, the reskims i've done have been bang on. no problems whatsoever. didn't use betonkonatc or whatever the fcuk its called, though, just two coats of pva. would use on reskim, board, sand and cement any day of the week. except a sunday, which is a day of rest. had problems over artex and would avoid that. first artex ceiling i did went on fine. when i went back for another job, though, there was a slight mottled effect here and there. don't know if it was grease or whatever, or maybe the old lath nails reacting with the plaster. or the mp reacting with the artex. dunno. next ceiling i did flash set on me. why? no idea. big one as well. one of those customers who come in every five minutes to ask how it's going ffs. really was a nightmare. felt like curling up in a ball and crying. didn't find it slack for reskims. just set all the beads, dubbing out etc first. no problems. no tearing. anyway, my reskims were fine. problem is you really need somewhere to practice with this other than a paid job. just to get used to it. i'm a bit like an artist and wouldn't want to put my name to something unless it was a work of art.

Ive only used it on boards, and wasnt used to it, but it came out fine, just meant, for me ant way, didnt give me any better finish than BG... nice to use tho.. yeh, I;ll call you marshy, ya tight f**k*r..lol

Mp finish is a lot better then bg. U just have to get used to it. I spray about 90% of my work with it. When I do it by hand I mix it a lot ticker then bg. Then I fill out the joints and beads then first coat. Then secand coat straight after u get the first coat on. U don't have to get back on it as soon as bg.

I did find it a little wet at first but like you said I just mixed it a little thicker. Clemo where do you get yours from? I'm going to try it on my mates wall that I F .ucked up with bg.

I did find it a little wet at first but like you said I just mixed it a little thicker. Clemo where do you get yours from? I'm going to try it on my mates wall that I F .ucked up with bg.

Am in Ireland mate. And I can get it here with no problems.

I've tried jewsons,wickes b&q and even homebase( what a waste that was) but still no knauff. So now I see why no one uses it .

I've tried jewsons,wickes b&q and even homebase( what a waste that was) but still no knauff. So now I see why no one uses it .

Hi George

have you tried Encon Northampton or SIG Bedford?

I am not sure if Knauf have any stockists in the MK area, try calling the office on 01795424499 and asking for the sales office to check... Ask for the local sales manager's number to get some help getting something local...

Glad you are liking the MP Finish, sorry it is a struggle to track it down....

Good Luck

Richard
Knauf - Aquapanel Specification Manager

No where in Kent stocks it now.

Sort it out Knauf! It's a right ball ache. I'm pushing your material but then made to look like a disk when the client has to spend hours of their time chasing a product. They just give up and get BG.

Seriously sort you supply chains out.

This threat ( as well as the other one on MP Finish ) has been sent into the Knauf Product Managers....

When I was in the office last week, the supply and demand situation with regards to MP Finish was something discussed and committed to be looked into.... the wheels within companies of a certain size take time to roll around, but they are being looked at....

In the mean time, contact your local Knauf Area Sales Manager or the customer service desk (via 01795424499) and ask for assistance..... If you have any further issues, contact me (details in my profile - click on my name top left of this post) and I will do my best to get something sorted....

I understand the frustration, but we are looking at this position

Rich

@Runswithscissors if you don't get this supply problem sorted straight away I'm going to send @Curry round to give you a right kicking or perhaps a slap with his speedyskimmer thing.

There you are a threat, not much of one granted but bear in mind we have a very G** section on here gagging to teach you a lesson.

Will this get sent to your meeting for special people?

Last edited by a moderator:
Use a lot of mp finish get it from Ccf and sig stock it too it doesn't cover as well as bg and best some times to fill tapered board edges ad you go but in my opinion is far easier to work with than bg
its only drawback is its soft and is easily damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.