Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

H8CGR

Hi guys,well finishing my 6 month course nvq11 soon , think the course was good and I feel confident in my work now was quite in depth and useful but nothing beats experience of course , heard a lot of negative things about the course but am glad I finished it , what do you guys feel about people who have taken this route into the trade ?

Think you e mis read my text , never said I was a professional plaster , but it was an intensive course with the proper test and exams , I'm guessing your frowning on the idea then we all got to start some where !

this puts my 5 years to shame! but in saying that you only have basics ,nothing but nothing beats experience in anyway shape or form! good luck in your future profession but don't believe your a plasterer for a few years yet, work with a decent spread and get experience you can not beat it, learn your own tricks and take tricks and tips of your mentor, don't be expecting mega bucks its not true about the money, if you cripple your body for 10/15 years plastering what you earn you will lose on doctors and time off in the future! im not the only one to have gone through this and learnt the hard way . as I say good luck h8cgr

Think you e mis read my text , never said I was a professional plaster , but it was an intensive course with the proper test and exams , I'm guessing your frowning on the idea then we all got to start some where !

I think they give you a good starting platform, depending on the quality of training received.............was only joking about the NVQ 11........................soz marra...................:RpS_blushing:

Cheers mate , I know the hard work starts now , was really wondering what people thought of the course and if it stood you any chance of being hired by a company

With six months course, I would allow you to mix and maybe flatten in a bit when I was not too busy, four to five years is what you need to start becoming a plasterer, but its definitely a good start,it will give you the basics,but most companies would take you on as an apprentice regardless of the intensity of the course, plastering is intensive all day long six days a week. Best of luck and be patient, we are all learning regardless of time on the trowel

You could try with a agency I've meet plenty of guys like yourself who get sent to sites

Good luck pal... but with a level 11 nvq.......... wow! am going back to college? (pause) u will have no problem getting a job any where in the world lol :RpS_thumbup:

Good luck with your new venture. As you can tell there are lots good people here with great experience and lots of banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.